Tue, Oct 22, 4:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: E-gads..what's wrong with this render?

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 4:03 AM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 6:39 AM

file_254829.jpg

I just installed Michael 2 and the textures...everything works fine til I apply a MAT to it...then when I render it has this black all over it.....yikes!

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 4:10 AM

It looks like shadows from the lights. In the "render" dropdown menu, click "render options" and unselect "shadows".

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 4:13 AM

Or, if you are applying a coor texture mapto his skin, set his skin's material color to white, as the material color and the texture map color interfere. In erach of the color componentsred green blue, if the material color is X and he texture map color is Y (measured from 0 to 255), the resultingcolor seems to be XY/255 or XY/256 .

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 4:21 AM

You know I have seen this with the mil boy. I set him to white and it still happens. It hasn't happend since about a month but it did. Hmmmmmmm, Sharen

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 4:36 AM

file_254831.jpg

Thanks Anthony, but all that were the first things I checked....it's worse down the left side of his body....grrrr...changing the lights just makes it a little fainter...

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 4:36 AM

You have Poser 4 without the ProPack, right?The MAT file you are using is loading a JPG as the bump file instead of a BMP. The JPG needs to be converted by Poser. I don't have the Michael2 textures, but there should be MAT files for PPP and P4.

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 4:40 AM

You apply the bumpmap as *jpg not as bump! open the mateditor "load bumpmaps" and load the corresponding *jpg and poser will convert them. nexttime the the .bum files should be loaded not the.jpg

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 5:05 AM

Yipee...that's it...it's loading the jpg's for the bumpmaps....Thanks so much!!

nfredman ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:58 AM

When the V2 textures from DAZ first came out, we saw this, too. The ones for use with regular Poser 4 have P4 in the title, as Ron's picture illustrates. Just apply the P4 ones.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 11:12 AM

Ron .. you can click on it and it will load but it won't work right. It will look like a chimney sweep each time. I would simply delete any Prop Pack things to avoid cofusion .. I left mine in just in case I do want a chimney sweep or smokey fight scene person.

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 11:47 AM

file_254834.jpg

So the MAT files ending in P4 are the pro pack but in the Figures, the Michael2 P4 is the Michael that uses the dork textures....is that right? seems it would be less confusing if they didn't put P4 at the end of both of them...:>)

shadowcat ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 12:10 PM

You got it backwards Mat files ending in "P4" are for NON pro users Micheal2 P4 uses the same textures as regular mike, but wears dork's clothes. (very useful)

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 12:19 PM

file_254836.jpg

Dizzie, you're showing the Figure icons, not the MAT icons. Those were used before the MAT Pose stuff took off. To get the MAT Pose icons, go to the Pose library. Usually MAT Pose icons begin with MAT... and something after that.

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 12:52 PM

Thanks Ron but I meant to show the Figure files as I was asking a question about the figures. My first post shows the MAT files. Thanks Shadowcat!....you've cleard it up in my muddled mind...I appreciate it! I had this problem with Vic 2 but it's so long that I forgot about it...:>)

rain ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 1:06 PM

Glad this was all cleared up! Like Dizzie I was having a heck of a time with charred people. I never had it before so I must have just started applying the wrong MATs all of a sudden. Duh! :-)

scifiguy ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:07 PM

"I left mine in just in case I do want a chimney sweep or smokey fight scene person." LOL I left mine in just in case I get Propack someday. I'm afraid I'll never find the original install file to replace them in that mess of poorly organized CD backups!

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:47 PM

Well that too but I have a nice folder with all the stuff .. need to burn that sucker one of the days now that I can. But they is good for chimney sweeps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.