Fri, Oct 4, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: My cheezy bit o' OS propaganda is in the gallery...

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 11:48 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:38 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=127758&Start=1&Sectionid=1&WhatsNew=Yes

I've almost got the Atrium done, but took a little break this morning to cook up this little item (linked) - Model and props are all freebies picked up from around the 'net: figure is nikita's freebie ballerina (forgot which site I got it from), with a modified texture (modofication is a snapshot of a kernel compile)... yeah the seams are still way off in places (heh - I managed to hide 'em for this shot :), the hair is kyokohair, and the shirt... damn - I forgot where I got it - it's a fully morphable shirt, though, and damned useful. I'll see if I can't regurgitate the URL for it later on today. ...oh, and post-work (very little post-work) was done in GIMP (a Linux p-shop clone.)

mi-scha ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 12:01 PM

Hehe... I tried Poser under Wine 3 month ago. Didn't work. :P Well, it looks like it is time to try it again.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 12:07 PM

Attached Link: http://www.transgaming.com

Instead of using the standard WINE releases from winehq, try WineX from Transgaming (link above) - it's more friendly to DirectX and runs all kinds of progs that the regular WINE won't run. I tested it by installing and running Half-Life Counterstrike, Quicktime Player, and lots of other goodies. One word of caution, though... sometimes I get interface parts that disappear until my mouse passes over 'em (morph dials, camera controls, etc.) - otherwise it works rather well :) /P

mi-scha ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 1:33 PM

Will do. :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 2:17 PM

Great pic. Would that be Gabe's Poseable Shirt from PropsGuild, by any chance?

Looking forward to the Atrium.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 2:38 PM

That's the one! I've been going nuts trying to search through all the README's to see where the #$@!$% thing came from (heh. :) The shirt is an excellent prop, too - conforms to damned near everything, with only a little distortion on some models. (now... if someone wants to build a program, one providing a way to search through README files, that would be uber-nice.)

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 2:40 PM

file_258147.jpg

The Atrium is nearly done - image posted above (it'll be a little light on the texturing until I can get that part of it mastered :) /P

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 4:02 PM

Ooooh ... it was a good job of modelling to start with, but those textures really sell the piece. Wonderful job. Concerning the readme files, if you have Windows, you can perform a Find using wildcards and the like. It can search through the contents of text files looking for keywords. Almost as helpful as a database!

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 5:18 PM

heh - I'm stuck with using something like this: grep shirt /home/peng1/.transgaming/Poser4/ | less :) /P

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 2:54 AM

But Grep is a powerful program! :) You do have to know the best unique keywords, and most readmes are much the same. Yes, I'd prefer more information in the readmes... and it is amazing how many don't include author contact info. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.