Fri, Sep 20, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Please Help! Is there free plugins for Photoshop with cel like quality?

trogboy ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 3:50 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:26 AM

This is sort of a multiple software question but I chose this forum to ask. I have 3D Studio max that has a cel plugin that makes its 3D rendering meshes look 2D drawn called CEL. But im making animation using poser4 and my plugin has multiple problems importing Poser to max. So i have Photoshop that can use trace to make it look near cel quality but it only can do one frame at a time and I would have to convert each frame to jpg or bmp to convert then bring them back. I also have Adobe After Effects (4.0) that can do all the frames but its drawing effect sucks and you cant really adjust the line as well. Someone mention Premier but it doesnt do that. Can anyone tell me if there is a cool plugin that will do multiple frames or import an entire animation weather its rm,mpeg,avi,mov or whatever into photoshop v5.5 that will render all frames? please respond thanks!

dlm ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 6:40 PM

If your creating the animation in poser you can choose to have it rendered in cartoon form or cartoon with line form by selecting that as display mode & choosing "render as display mode". You could also choose to render each frame as an image file"render as image file" and select the type you want ie Jpg or Bmp etc. Save the images in one folder,take it into photoshop.Load one of the images & treat it as you require.Record this as an action.You can then just let the computer batch process all of the remaining frames whilst you go for a beer. When done load the folder as a file into after effects or Premier & render as an AVI.(or whatever)

trogboy ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2002 at 10:52 PM

no no no Posers line form sucks! unless you can tell me how to adjust the lines? i dont like it at all.. it doesnt apear to be a cel cartoon but more of a poor attempt at making it looked drawn. Cel Plugins are great but if I cant import the posers half the time i cant depend on it so i need an alternative idea. Thanks for the advice

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.