Fri, Sep 20, 4:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Mimic or Truespace 5.2

JIMM ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 11:06 AM ยท edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

Has anyone Purchased or Beta tested Mimic or Truespace 5.2, If so which is better for Poser speech animation? I already have Truespace 5.1 and most of the upgrade is free. It really comes down to $150.00 for mimic and $99.00 for the TS upgrade. Thanks

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 1:55 PM

Here's a third alternative to make your life even more complicated:

textPuppet

It's a $139 utility similar to Mimic (generates Poser lipsync animation), but uses text input alone and creates a voice using speech synthesis. textPuppet has support for multiple languages. PC only.

I haven't tried trueSpace 5.2 and its new character animation features, but you'd probably have to do most of the setup work for each Poser character you import into the program. Mimic and textPuppet work directly with Poser itself, and do most of the work for you.

jjsemp ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 8:59 PM

I use Mimic all the time. It's great! Mimic is a fantastic program, but it works best with the P4 people and characters based on them. Mike and Vicky don't work as well. The mouth movements for them aren't as natural and they look really odd and goofy when they talk. I think this is one of the real hidden problems with Mike and Vicky that nobody ever mentions about because nobody here does much animation. I've seen endless threads where people try to perfect every last facial hair on a Mike or Vicky still image, but run those two characters through Mimic and they talk like they're made out of rubber. DAZ built Mike and Vicky just fine for individual poses and such, but clearly did a half-baked job on making them Mimic-capable (hey, Mimic's not their program, so what do they care?). Maybe somebody will create a product that will fix this. For now, Mimic is a tool best used for P4 figures only. As for Truespace 5.2, it's being offered for sale on the Caligari web site, but when you actually pay for it (as I have) you go to a page where they tell you it's not yet available for download. So I don't think anybody has actually used it yet and nobody can give you feedback. Hope this helps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.