Wed, Oct 9, 10:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 8:07 am)

Subject: Why Poser Poses not loading?

Devon ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 12:04 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 4:19 AM

I found a strange thing happening after I installed Windows XP Prof. But I'm NOT sure if it's the OS at fault. When I open the Pose tab and scroll down the list to pic a folder it stops loading any folders after a certain point. Usually about 2/3 of the way down. Why? I do have 278 pose folders at 177MB. But I used to be able to open them all up when I was running Windows 98. Is there a way to correct this? Very Strange don't you think?

geep ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 12:16 PM

... computers are! (software is even stranger) ;=] Check and see if (somewhere) there is a limit on the amount of RAM that Poser is allowed. Any XP Prof gurus out there? .......... (I don't have it) (i'm still struggling with MS-DOS) ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Devon ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 1:06 PM

A carification..... I can see ALL of the folders as I scroll down the list BUT I just can't open all of them. I wish someone would tell me how to allocate more RAM to Poser. I need to learn this. I should already know how to do it.

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 2:23 PM

That happened to me when I just had way too much stuff installed. It also happened with Windows ME. Did you install XP as an update, or did you wipe the hard drive and install everything from scratch? The second approach is always the best way, once you've prepared for it.

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 2:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ashampoo.com/products/0106/

I do believe RAM allocation is a function of MACs only. I don't think there is a comparitive function on PC. You could try "right-clicking" on "MyComputer" desktop icon... Select "Properties" from the pop-up menu...Choose the "Advanced" tab... Click Preformance Settings.... Now choose "Adjust For Best Preformance". While you're ther you could also try bumping up your "Virtual Memory" settings. It's not Poser specific but it can give you a boost if done judiciously. Other things to try would be defragging your harddrive, I understand that Poser is a real fragger! Or... you could try using a 'winoptimizer' such as Norton Utilities or Ashamphoo (free download, link attached). And if none of this works... You'll have to bite the bullet and reorganize your folder structure, consolidating or deleting as nessacary. Hope this helps

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 2:29 PM

Oh... in case you missed this tip... rename your MAT pose files (.pz2) to the .cm2 extension and now you can load them from the Camera library.

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 2:31 PM

I recommend Norton Utilities (Norton Systemworks is the best buy). I've had Norton since 1995, and it's never failed me. (Of course I upgrade to a new version each time I get a new version of Windows!)

Devon ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 3:23 PM

Thanks all....for your help. I did try the "Adjust for Best performance" and I increased my Virtual memory from 786MB to 1000MB but that did not change anything. I'll try the defrag next and see what that does. Also My Windows XP Professional installation was a clean install.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 4:57 PM

Impudicus - you can allocate memory (sort of) via process control (in Windows - or you can nice a program in *ix.) Otherwise, the program itself might have similar functions where you can assign exact amount of memory (Quake 3 has /seta com hunk_megs XXX where "XXX" is the amount of RAM you want to give to it.) But otherwise there's no obvious RAM allocation built into a typical PC OS. /P

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 6:06 PM

I understand how to set priorities (low to high) for a program that is currently running by opening up the Task Mangaer (ctrl+alt+delete on NT based boxes) and rightclicking the app in question, but no allocation. Is this what you meant? Poser, itself does not have any such built in memory manager. Also I'm not too sure I understnd your parenthical "(in Windows - or you can nice a program in *ix.)" Could you tell me what it means, please?

Nance ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2002 at 7:46 PM

Thanks IR -- I had missed that tip on the .pz2 to .cm2 thing for mat files.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.