Mon, Sep 9, 4:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: I've Done it! Tranferring Full Body Morphs!

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 8:47 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 11:15 PM

Forgive me if I'm not the first to figure this out, but I have successfully transferred full body morphs! Step One: Use Morph Manager to transfer regular morphs in totality from old figure to new figure. Save. Step Two: Use cr2 Editor to copy "Body:1" from old to new (paste Over) Save. Done. You now have working full body morphs from one figure to the next. -WTB

whoopdat ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 11:45 PM

So um...since you have my attention now, what'd you transfer from and to?

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 11:52 PM

Transferred from Vicky 2.0 to the Eight-Armed Vicky now in freestuff (which is really cool if you're into Far-East stuff) -WTB

eric501 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 3:14 AM

have you tried this with clothing yet? such as, making mike's clothes fit his new muscular morphs?

Routledge ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 4:04 AM

Nice work, Ill give this a go. Thanks for the sharing the info B) Eric501, you should look into magnets, which will shape any clothes to any figure, they arent difficult to use, just fiddly to get exactly right.

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:04 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Actually you can do it all in Morph Manager. Just change the cr2 extension to .pz2 and open them up in Morph manager. Now you get the Body to show up so you can copy everything over, save, rechange the extensions to cr2 and you're done! Just thought I'd save ya that extra step :)

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 7:33 AM

You don't need Morph Manager either (though it might make it easier). I just drag all the applicaple part morph channels and the body morph channels from one figure to another with the freeware CR2Editor. You have to do a search and replace so all the figure numbers (:1, whatever) are the same first, maybe. I wouldn't want to do it with Vickie IIs hundreds of morphs, though!

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:02 PM

heyas; that's why morph manager is better, jim. ;) click, click, right click, copy all morphs...! that's cool, kalypso, never knew that one. hmmmm....

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:15 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Well, for me it's not just a question of better, most of my cr2's crash CR2Editor but MM4 is really stable no matter what the size, I'm talking about 50+MB here!!! And I also use MM4 for transferring parented props and their morphs from one figure to another. Now, I just got to find a way to make them all start from within Poser, I think there was a thread waaay back that had some information about how you could make custom preference files to start other programs from the Help menu in Poser. Anyone remember anything?

shadownet ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 5:47 PM

I dimly recall this Kalypso, if memory serves right you edit the weblinks folder and make a pz file up to launch the program. Take a look at one of the pz files in a text editor and you will see what I am talking about. I think if you make a shortcut to point to the exe and stick it in a pz file you can make it work, but I have not tried this so I may be wrong. I will take a stab at it later. I am working on something else at the moment. Rob

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 6:56 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Thanks Rob, I'll give it a try, I just checked the .pz files and they have a url, that's all, so should I just make a link to C:/Program Files/UvMapper/uvmapper.exe ?

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 7:07 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Heh, guess what I finally did find the thread http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=59898 and it's you, Rob, that gives the link of the original. But before you go thinking you're getting old and forgetful, in the original link I had even answered and tried it! But that was two years ago, several re-installations later and a severe case of forgetfulness LOL!

shadownet ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 7:29 PM

Well, here is the really bad thing. I have been trying but I can not seem to get it to work yet. It might be I got the path wrong, but I am still experimenting. Maybe, I will go check out the old link and see what it has to say. :o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.