Mon, Oct 21, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Trivial modeling trouble...(another Anim8or question)

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 2:20 PM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 7:29 AM

file_267268.jpg

Ok, I don't have a clue what I'm doing! I have a dead beast's head laying on an alter in a puddle of blood (Blood Splatter Pack from Free Section) and a puddle of blood on the floor. Now I need some 'dripping' blood on the side of the alter. Yeah, I know it can be post-worked, but I want it all 'in Poser'!

So fired up my free version of Ampi and figured out how to make the spline and extrude it, but not the 'whole mesh'. So I turned to Anim8or were I once made a bucket and some paint splats of my own.
But this time I want a specific shape. So I used the Curved Path tool and drew my shape. Then I Merged Points and Converted to Mesh.

Now, how the devil do I 'add depth and beveled edges'?

geralday ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 4:27 PM

Since you've got this far what you can do now is use the grouping tool to select all.. mirror all in X plane .. rotate the mirrored part 180 deg. in Y axis and superimpose on original after a small size reduction.. raise this up slightly in Z plane to give depth.
Personally, I wouldnt have started with splines for this item.. I'd have used a well segmented polygon or rectangle.. say 10X 10Y 1Z and moved the outer nodes to make a suitable shape.. reduce the size of top face to create bevel.. and rely on Poser's natural curving to finish off! There are so many ways of making things.. nice to think I'm not alone in using Anim8tor.. good luck!

geralday ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 5:15 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_267269.jpg

Hope your not eating when you read this.. if you want the OBJ so you can further modify it in anim8tor I can send by email.. very quick to make. Gerald.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.