Thu, Sep 19, 3:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Modeling, clothig, props , and Hair objects.

galactron22 ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 7:44 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 8:55 AM

Hello all I'm A newbia at this whole poser thing.
Ihave aquestion, which is/are the best progam/s for modeling
clothing, props, and hair objects for poser.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 7:58 AM

Whewy, that is a hard one, depending on your own understanding of modeling there are a lot out there. We use AutoCAD, but a lot of people use LightWave, or Rhino, 3D Studio Max. That is really all I know. I guess if I were you I would test myself on software you can download and use on a free trial basis to see if you can do the program or not. That is all I really know. Sharen

thgeisel ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 8:00 AM

Buy Maya !!! Sorry, only a joke!!! I dont think that there is one best for all of it. have a look in the Rhino-forum, the amapi-forum and 3dsmax-forum here. All great programs for modelling,and there are more! And it depends on how much money you want to spend. Im playing around with amapi 4.15, its free and you can start with it.

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 8:00 AM

I think you really have to be the judge of that. Various programs are used by different people, and it depends on which one is easiest or most familiar to you. Some use trueSpace, some use 3D Studio MAX, some use Ray Dream Studio, or Rhino or Maya, others use some of the free ones like Amapi or Milkshape, etc. Different programs have higher or lower learning curves and some of the commercial ones are outrageously expensive. You should experiment. If you already have a modeling program that you're familiar with and feel comfortable using, give it a try. There are many tutorials here for getting started. Check the tutorial section. Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 8:01 AM

Wow, three of us were madly typing at the same time here! :) Melanie

thgeisel ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 8:03 AM

melanie :Hehe :-))

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 8:05 AM

Also, there's another free one called Blender. I've bought a 3rd party book (there are actually two books for Blender), but I haven't really tried it yet. I've used trueSpace, 3D Studio MAX, and Ray Dream Studio. I'm not the best modeler. Just learning how to do it, myself, and I haven't gotten past the simple models stage. I haven't figured out how to make clothes yet. That's my ultimate goal, though. Melanie

galactron22 ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 8:18 AM

Can Any of you refer me to these free modeling programs so I can give them a try.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 8:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=3D+modeling+software

Go here, I did a search for you, alot of these different ones will let you download a trial copy to try. Sharen PS: some are pricy, but then again some are fair in value and some are free.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 8:29 AM

Melly you are so cute....Sharen

brittmccary ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 8:49 AM

Amapi version 4.15 is also a free program. You can go to the amapi forum here in Renderosity and find the url for the old 4.15 version. It's a good way to start :) There are several tutorials in the forum itself. Britt

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 10:44 AM

MilkShape is a nice little low-poly modeller, also, if you aren't into splines and nurbs. The forum support at Chumbalum-Soft is almost as helpful as it is here with Poser. MilkShape isn't free (it costs $20 to register), but you can download the program and play with it until the 30-day trial period expires.

jenay ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 10:56 AM

hi - i've got amapi and started modelling with it - but it takes much time to learn to use it. amapi 4.15 can not import/export obj file format - so you have to import/export 3ds-format (3dstudio) and find a 3ds-to-obj converter. (or do it with poser) here is the link: http://bakhter.com/html/main/amapi4.html http://bakhter.com/Eovia/Amapi_4.15.zip another nice program is anim8tor, but i hadn't the time to explore this program. here is the download link: http://www.anim8or.com/download/index.html have fun :)

thgeisel ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 11:41 AM

jenay: your are right, butI think every modelling program takes much time to get really familiar with .And every one has its weak points. And the new amapi 6.1 can im - export obj-files.But with the 3ds format i have no problems till now.

shadowcat ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 12:25 PM

I use anim8or (www.anim8or.com) I found it to be the easiest of the freebies

hewsan ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 10:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=552838

Here is a posting i did in the Rhino forum of attempts at clothing with a brief info on how to... Rhino is a nurbs modeler and has a logical layout and workflow - some prefer poly modelers instead. Rhino's demo allows 25 saves so you can see if it suits. Agree with others - check through the forum postings and see what appeals to you - then try the various demos.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.