Thu, Oct 10, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Animating a crowd scene

oscar ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 12:52 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 8:29 AM

Hello. I am new to this forum and have been using Poser 4 for about 2 months. I am 13 years old and a m very interested in 3D modelling and animation. I don't know if any of you have saw this but there is a game called Virtual Striker 2 and the crowd in the gmae are amazing. They are not just a big texture but are all singally modelled ! Of course the faces have no detail and each model has the same simple up down animation (30 frames). So I want to make a small crowd scene with Poser 4 with maybe 30 people in it. Steve over at Poserworld has helped me out a lot so I thank him. I am on the right track but need to know some more stuff. I am using the Poser 4 low res model and have made my animation. Then I saved the aniamtion as a pose and want to add it to each member of the crowd. However when I try and add the other people they stay in the exact same postion as the original one. Of course I can move them but during the frames they just float back to that position. It's annoying !!! How can I add the figures to the scene and make them stay in the same postion for the entire animation !!! So I want maybe 10 people lined up doing the same animation. Pretty simple but I'm having trouble. Steve recommended redering 10 other people in the backround and so on to make layers of the crowd (Rows) Have you guys got any tips or tutorials on such a project and any answers to my questions. Also do you know where I could get like a row of attached seats ~(like in a football ground) or a bench that my figures will sit on? Any help here would be greatly appreciated ... Thanks Oscar

JeffH ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 1:12 PM

This might be a better question for the Animation forum section. Maybe you can create a walk-in-place in the Walk designer then apply it to your prepositioned figures one at a time.

Scarab ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 1:34 PM

When you do your first animation, make sure you mark the 30frame animation palette as all Linear interpolation...Also each character will have to start at a differient frame portion of the animation movement or they are all just going to do the same thing in unison...probably easiest to make for or five 30framers and apply them at random to the characters. I would then do the first line of characters, export as an avi file, redo the shot with the next line of characters USING THE FIRST AVI imported as a background movie...export THAT as a second avi file to backdrop the third line...that will hopefully keep your file size and RAM requirements lower.....Now I pray God you are not doing anykind of a camera pan over the crowd for this....and you thought it was simple.....good luck Scarab <-hates crowds....

oscar ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 4:16 PM

No No I don't care about their actual animation - I just want them all to do the same thing (up and down) I just cant get each figure to stay away from each other when I apply the same pose to them (30 frames) They just keep going back to the place where the original model is. So you can't see the other guys as they are just in the exact same postion as the original. So is there now damn way I can make each guy stay in one place in the scene ? Like the equivalant of glueing his feet to the ground. So annoying its bugging me ... Oscar

wander ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 4:58 PM

Hi If you place the person in position in the first frame and the go to the last frame and place the person in the same position, it might solve your problem. If not, check the graph display for the hip and see whether the x displacement graph is a straight line or a curve. Andrew Houston wander@ilap.com

Scarab ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 6:06 PM

I understand now.....with each character you set up ONCE they are in the position you want and you have applied the animation sequence, call up the animation palatte, block all the squares under frame one (by holding the left button and dragging downward) then release. THEN, holding down the "alt" key, put the cursor on that block, hold your left mouse button down and drag the whole block over to and drop on frame 30. THAT should reset the whole animation to stay in the same location. Scarab <-(PS: watch your language son, you're thirteen after all, you're too old to talk like the rest of the little kids around here.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.