Tue, Oct 22, 7:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Problems with Spheres and Textures

Moonbiter ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 3:18 PM ยท edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 3:17 AM

Okay I've created a sphere in Vue 4.05 and have applied an earth map I modified. I found the earlier thread about applying the -1 to make the texture come out right. My problem is when I rotate the sphere the map doenst rotate with it. In other words when I'm looking at South America in my camera view and I rotate the earth, no matter which way I rotate it I'm still looking at South America. I looked throught the book about mapping and ran a search in the threads but couldn't find anything that helps. Any ideas? -Moon

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 3:24 PM

Yeah, very simple solution: In the Material Editor, in the upper right, there's a drop-down selector thingie which is usually set to "World Space" by default. Click on the arrow and select "Object Space" instead, and then your texture will move along with the sphere. :)

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 3:27 PM

I'm sorry, that' World Standard and Object Standard, not "Space" DOH!

Moonbiter ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 5:07 PM

Thanks Mike that worked like a charm! I figured it would be something simple it always is you know :)

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 5:23 PM

Yep, it's that simple stuff that'll trip ya up every time. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.