Mon, Sep 23, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Does Microsoft REALLY REALLY owns Adobe ?!?

Skygirl ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 12:33 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:26 PM

I say NO...my dad say YES...so now I ask you good people: Does Microsoft owns Adobe Photoshop ??? Sky who think her dad talks too much.....

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 1:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.adobe.com

Nah, *Adobe* owns Photoshop. :)

Skygirl ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 2:19 PM

Wooohoooo...and he is still around my dear dad...now Im gonna tell him !! Thanx a lot, Varian :-)))))

Cheers ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 2:46 PM

Are you sure Varian, I thought Microsoft owned the World ;) Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

Skygirl ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 4:28 PM

SCREEEEEEM...NO...SILENCE CHEERS...I dont wanna hear you...I CANT even hear you !!! Please allow my this little triumph !!! My dad have only had Photoshop for very short time and he already knows EVERYTHING...its really unbearable, annoying, awfull...just arrrrgggghhhhh, so please let me enjoy this victory !!!!! Sky :-)

Alleycat169 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 6:45 PM

If Microsoft owned Adobe you wouldn't be able to use a PS filter unless it was bundled with Internet Explorer. Adding any third party plug-ins would cause your machine to crash, and all the interfaces would be that "Stock gray block" Winblows design...yuk ;-P hehe.

Skygirl ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 7:00 PM

LOL @ Alleycat169...guess you are right...I should have told my dad that...but...because he is not here doesnt mean that he will not hear it...noooo, Ill mail him....what a great daughter he have...see, Im thinking at him in the middle of the night and I even wanna mail him...my dad is a very lucky man :-)))

Delrino ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 7:15 AM

if microsoft would own adobe you would have to press a start button to exit the program. you'd have to "press any key" with no chance that the programm will react. of course you'd only be able to make bmp,jpeg and gif-pictures because IE doesnt shows anything else without plugin :o) then, if you'd like to sell any of your pictures, you have to pay Bill Gates 50% of the price, because he'll never give away any free-licence... so...i guess photoshop is and will be an adobe product for ever..(just hoping) :o)

Skygirl ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 7:22 AM

MUAHAHAHA....more stuff to tell my beloved dad...ohhhh, please let it come !!!!!! :-) Sky :-)

vaneyck ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 9:09 AM

one word...................................NO

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 11:22 PM

Yipes. What a horrible suggestion! wash your dad's mouth out with soap! shudder Lyrra

Skygirl ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 11:59 PM

He he he Lyrra, Ill see if I can catch him when I see him sunday. If I can then....WASH, WASH, WASH !!!!! :-)

TheWingedOne ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 6:40 AM

Skygirl, tell your dad he should wait until next Halloween if he wants to come up with such bold statements...trick or treat =;o))) Phil BTW. Did you guys already read the new features of the upcoming version 7 of PS? It rocks!!! http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/newfeatures.html

Skygirl ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 6:46 AM

HA HA HA, nearly poor dad...as long as you guys and girls come up with all those great things I have news for my dad...news I dont think he thinks is half as funny as I think ! Thanks TheWingedOne :-)

paden ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 9:44 PM

One that was forgotten...If Microsoft owned Photoshop, no one would be able to use it on a Mac without a Windows emulator running it.

Skygirl ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 5:04 AM

He he...another reason as to why Microsoft do NOT own Photoshop...why oh why didnt I come up with all this by my self ????? :-)

tim2 ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:41 PM

All of this hostility towards Microsoft. Do you really blame Gates? He doesn't want to take over the world, he just wants to secure his future in this market. I suppose you will now condemn capitalism for driving Gates to this level of competition. Don't get me wrong, I love my G4, but it sure would suck to have to use Corel Office and god-knows-what internet utility instead of my MICROSOFT software. My Archicad crashes when it's open at the same time as Word or Excel, does that mean that Gates has a vendeta against Graphisoft? In short, don't knock the company that has standardized an industry, and raised the overall level of quality! TF PS-You can change the "dull grey" color on windows, but not on a Mac, hmmm.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.