Sun, Oct 6, 6:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP's Radiosity and Boolean Bryce

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 7:44 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 2:05 AM

file_279266.jpg

Well this is one I did just recently. I have been playing around with creating radiosity in bryce (who isn't lol). And these are completely made from bryce (another thing I have not really done until now). Let me know what you think of the models, they will all be in an upcoming image. Thanks

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 7:48 PM

file_279269.jpg

This is another boolean with Bryce I wanted to do some glasses my grandfather used to wear. As well as magnifying in Bryce (thats kinda cool). I liked how the lighting was intensified by the glass. Any comments and suggestions on both are welcome.

Kate ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 9:09 PM

Wicked wicked glasses! I like the intesified light too but is it a little too bright?? Maybe not. These are so cool!

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 9:48 PM

The Lenses created the intensified light themselves so I left in. Thanks for the comment Kate. I havent decided if I want to put those in the free stuff, they bend and all that. I just dont have anywhere to upload them to.

Kate ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 9:54 PM

What do you mean " don't have anywhere to upload them to "....why not here....or do I not understand????

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 9:59 PM

Great marker models! Freestuff items aren't kept at Renderosity, they are just links to your own personal webpages, where you keep the actual items.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 10:05 PM

Thanks Agentsmith does anyone know how to add labels to them and still keep the material sort of just do it like a transparency?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 11:37 PM

file_279270.jpg

Add a label to the barrel as an image texture. A. Have the diffuse dot whetever color you want the barrel before you click it over to the "A" channel. In your case, grey. B.Make sure you make that Alpha image of the label. Just a inverse of your label texture. C. Choose Decal colors, this will apply the label on the colored barrel and using the alpha channel, make those areas that are not the logo on the label to be transparent.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 11:53 PM

AgentSmith Thanks! Now can you get me some more time to work on said image! LOL

ringbearer ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 10:08 AM

file_279271.jpg

Thanks AgentSmith! I knew about the decal colors but never got it to work before. Your explanation was very helpful. Here's my example.

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 7:47 PM

file_279272.jpg

Great tip. And nice pic ringbearer!

ringbearer ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 8:15 PM

Excellent Vile! Can't wait to see the finished image.

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

rubycon ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 12:22 AM

Nice pics, Vile. How many light sources did you use to get such soft shadows? Are you familiar with Necati Pamuk's tutorial? http://www.bryceanworlds.com/pages/simulated_radiosity1.html Rubycon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.