Fri, Sep 20, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: A problem with shadows

Thorgrim ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 9:01 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:49 AM

I'm not sure this is the right place to pose this question but here goes anywise. First I'm using the 3d world-kit for Poser. (If you haven't tried this kit your missing out on a really great and easy to use product that extends your ability to create outdoor environments in Poser). My problem is I can't seem to get any shadows to show up on any of the 3d grounds in the package. Anybody else had this problem. I know it's got to be something I'm overlooking but I've played around a bit can't seem to nail down the problem.

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 9:08 AM

I think the Vorlons destroyed all the Shadows on that world. ...sorry, couln't resist.

Thorgrim ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 9:15 AM

Man, I knew it was something like that. You take the aluminum foil off your monitor for just one day and theres just no telling what kind of aliens creep into your 3D worlds. You gotta keep vigilant man. Their out there waiting.

inyerface ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 9:59 AM

file_281062.jpg

enquiring minds want to know

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 1:12 PM

Are you using the standard Poser light settings or the ones that come with the 3D World Kit? I use the standard Poser lights and tweek them to the settings I want. No problem showing shadows. Might want to try that.

Check out my "Old West Scene" in my gallery to see what I mean.

Robin

Gort ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 1:30 PM

Yeah, the lights... the kit's light sets put a whole bevy of lights in the sky and I think most of them have had shadows turned off. If you want to use the kit's lights, heck the properties and the size of the shadow map for any light you want to cast a shadow.

Thorgrim ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 9:22 PM

Yes, your right. If I turn down the front light the key light shadow now shows up. Man, I don't know how I missed that when I was playing around with it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.