Mon, Sep 9, 4:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: How important is 'size ratio' when modeling for use in Poser?

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 7:41 PM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 12:09 AM

I'm finally learning to model (currently using Anim8or - Thanks Geralday, your tutorial was Excellent!) I'm building some medieval style structures and hopfully they will be good enough to offer in Free Stuff when their finished. I know Poser OBJs import 'into' other apps very, very tiny but when I imported a quick test that is to be 18-feet tall it was only about 9-feet (compared to Michael). Will this cause any trouble/distortion with the textures when it's scaled up to the correct ratio? Do I need to re-scale it in the modeling app or is this irrelevant if the maps are done 'right'?

Ajax ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 8:16 PM

The scale doesn't distort the mapping at all. However, if it's a large object (compared to a standard poser figure) and you expect users to sometimes want close ups (like a face only shot of someone leaning against the wall) then you need your maps to be of a high enough resolution that they can still show detail under those circumstances.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 9:46 PM

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case :-) Well, back to the 'construction site' (now where'd my hard hat go?!?)....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.