Sun, Oct 6, 6:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: March's Bryce Forum Challenge.

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 2:01 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 10:05 PM

I wanted to do something different then creating a scene and some recent images have pushed me to this direction. I dont know if this has been done before, but if so put a new spin on it. The challenge this month must be a Bryce metaball character. This can be used in any way, shape or form, but must contain an original metaball creation. Other objects or imports can be used but the subject must be this metaball character. I will post a WIP that will not be entered in the contest but as an example so be kind. Well thats it! Good Luck and Good Rendering!

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 2:08 PM

file_284120.jpg

This is my example of a metaball creation. I know it wasn't a tuff one but it was all I could come up with last night. I also know it doesn't look like the movie Worms but this is my interpretation so be kind. Again GOOD LUCK!

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 2:49 PM

Cool. I love the dust cloud and particles.

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 2:59 PM

Great scene and the sky definitely rocks...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 5:26 PM

Uhm...not everyone has Bryce 5 (and metaballs).

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 6:29 PM

Oooh I am such an idiot I didn't even think of that. I am not really good at this. Bryce 4 and below can submit a character from booleans as well. Sorry everyone.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 6:38 PM

Boolean excercise, that's cool.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 6:44 PM

Yes but a Boolean/metaball character or creature to fit the bill. Sorry to those that do not have 5.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 9:39 PM

Okay, so I'll make Bryce 4 and my brain work a little overtime. I got a couple of weeks to figure something out... I hope. (of course, I feel I've already been outclassed by this "wip")

Alleycat169 ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 10:32 PM

Cool image! I'm a long time Dune fan. This challenge sound pretty cool. I think it will be fun.

Kate ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 10:59 PM

Where do I post my submission? Its an image I've already posted in my gallery, would a link do? And is post work allowed, cause I have the original without post work it just doesn't look as interesting.....

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2002 at 1:04 AM

Hi Kate, I was just reading the "Monthly Challenge Rules" (link at the top of this page), and it says that post work is fine. I'm not gonna repeat all the rules here, but they should answer your questions. Don't worry, it's not a long essay ;-)

derjimi ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2002 at 1:05 AM

Kate, previous made images are not allowed in the challenge. See http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=107&Form.ShowMessage=371714 Take care, Jimi

yodle ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 11:24 PM

file_284122.jpg

im a new guy just trying figure this out. here is a metaball character i created all in bryce 5.

Sihn ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 11:54 PM

file_284123.jpg

Here's my boolean entry: He's suave, he's debonair, he's Humpty Dumpty, Secret Eggent Man and his Super Egg Mobile.

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 4:13 PM

file_284124.jpg

Here's mine.

Stephen Ray

ajtooley ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 9:55 PM

file_284126.jpg

Wherein the nasssty hobbitses gets what they deserves...

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2002 at 11:36 AM

I use Truespace for modeling and Bryce for rendering. I would be using Truespace metaballs. Can I join the challenge or its it only Bryce metaballs only?

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 9:01 PM

I clarified the rules in this thread http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=107&Form.ShowMessage=613208 But I would have to say you could only use Truespace for props. The Bryce metaballs have to be used if you have 5, but I really am not going to know. you would just be missing out on an interesting new feature that was kind of fun to work with. Does that help?

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 4:09 PM

file_284128.jpg

Meet Meta-Alien, my first entry for the monthly challenge. Please vote for me when it's voting-time.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Sihn ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 4:50 PM

He's cute! Even down to his belly button. lol

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2002 at 2:33 AM

Oh I almost forgot to show of the facts around my Meta-alien model. :) Here they are: The alien has +/- 4300 metaballs and 4 spheres. It has a file-size of 81,8 MB. The rendertime on this image was 7:58 hours at normal AA mode on my AthlonXP 1800+. Saving the model takes 15 minutes(!). I think I modelled this alien 2.5 times, because my computer often crashed before I could save. Metaballs seem to be an instable element of Bryce 5 when usen in large numbers. Now let's hope I'll win this challenge :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 11:13 AM

file_284129.jpg

Hi, This is my alien in a scene. It took 7:18:56:58 to render because of the soft shadows. (without them there where about 23 shadow-rays per pixel and with soft-shadows this rocketed to 13000 shadow-rays per pixel and the intersect attempts went up from 100 per pixel to 21800 per pixel!) I thought I'd just post it to increase my winning-chances at this challenge. Please vote for me! (These challenges are becoming an obsession ;) ) Rayraz.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

derjimi ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 11:45 AM

Gee, I just felt from the chair because I had so hard to laugh! :) This scene is great fun! You should do a movie like Pixar - no kidding. The voting will be a hard decision - I thought I found my favourite image, but your image is soooo fun. Congrats, very well done! Take care, Jimi still laughing :)

blooper74 ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 2:21 AM

file_284132.jpg

This is my first ever contest entry, and my first time working with boolean objects. I call this little guy the GEEP from MEEP. Please be kind. Good luck to everybody in the contest.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.