Thu, Oct 10, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 2:10 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Dark Elf / Drow Elf - looking for feedback

magnet ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2002 at 1:22 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 8:25 AM

file_284369.jpg

Hi all, Well I am back at it again. I started creating a drow elf character, and I am wondering if there is enough interest to put it in the marketplace. Please look at the enclosed image.

I would love some feedback from the elf experts!

Brandon
"magnet"

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2002 at 8:59 PM

I'd suggest blue undertones instead to make it more non-human.

magnet ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2002 at 10:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback... I talked to a friend also who said that Drow's have bluish skin.

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 12:47 AM

And also depending on which book you read or rpg games you are familiar with....some are albino and others have dark almost black skin with a bluish undertone. Also, they are known to have purple eyes.

ookami ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 1:06 AM

Ok.... just to set the records straight... Dark elves - in most books have pale white skin and usually dark hair, however... in Everquest, they have ink colored blue skin (giving them the nickname "inky") and white hair. Drow elves - native to dungeons & dragons, they have ebony skin and white hair

magnet ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 11:11 AM

Ok, so, I am going to give her skin a dark bluish hue, and call her a "Dark Drow Elf". I don't want to make her too dark because she won't be very visible. Sound good?

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 9:09 PM

magnet, she is your product so you should be able to call her anything you want, ya know? LOL!!! There are variations of the dark elf. In AD&D they are treated as one and the same. RA Salvatore's books have Drizzt the drow (he is also referred to as a dark elf) and he has ebony skin, white hair and lavender eyes. Actually the term dark elf refers to any elf that is for some reason shunned by the rest of the elven race...guess that's their term for our term of "black sheep" hehehehe Pendy

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2002 at 12:17 AM

As I date back to the EARLY days of AD&D, plus having much exposure to other references, I'll add this little tidbit concerning 'traditional' Drow, or Dark Elves: The Drow are ebony skinned, with males showing a slight purplish tint, the females a slight blue cast. Eye colors range from the common blues and greens to the rarer lavender and metallic-looking. Dark-eyed Drow are practically unheard of. Hair color is commonly white, but can vary in cast much like skin tone, and will sometimes also take on a metallic sheen.

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 8:14 AM

Hmmm. I always thaought they had red eyes... But I am going on the Forgotten Realms series... Only one Drizzt had lavendar eyes in that and it was a mark that he was special... When I made my Drowess I gave her red eyes... never thought to give the skin a bluish tinge As the other's said though, a Drow is not always a "Dark Elf" - although they ar generally evil (except for Drizzt of course) because of the goddess they worship. While Dark Elves are evil but live above ground and look ordinary by elf standards. Oooh, and lets not forget Sea Elves...

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Mehndi ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 2:28 PM

Isn't this the same face as one of your other characters though?

magnet ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 2:29 PM

file_284372.jpg

Ok, Well I have been working on my Female Drow Elf, and she is progressing nicely (I think) because of all these helpful replies. Thank you!

Here is the progresss, with some of Neftis's hair as a hair placeholder...

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2002 at 3:14 PM

Is your bump map and texture map for the body the same size as the head? For best results, you should make the body maps about twice the size of the head map. That's why there's a noticeable graininess to the body compared to the head - it has a lot more area to cover so it get stretched out. You might want to add a touch of deeper blue in the check hollows for more color depth. Otherwise, the texture is quite nice. Cheers!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.