Tue, Oct 22, 4:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: easter bunny

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:23 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 7:21 PM

Every easter there are the obligatory pictures of the easter bunny coloring easter eggs, but nobody makes any pictures of jesus coloring easter eggs. Or jesus whipping the easter bunny's ass for messing with his holiday.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 4:01 AM

I don't think they had bunnies in Nazareth. :) Hey, does anyone know the origin of the Easter bunny?

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

hogwarden ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 4:27 AM

Its a remnant of the old, pagan spring. You know, may-poles and all that. It's all been watered down over all the years of Christian Oppression, but you can still get the general idea... You know what bunnies love to do!

hogwarden ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 4:28 AM

So in fact it is Jesus messing with the Easter Bunnies holiday.

cooler ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 4:30 AM

Attached Link: http://efnet.paganteahouse.com/spirit/ostara.html

Anton The Easter bunny actually has it's origins in pagan traditions. The name Easter is derived from the goddess Eostre, (Eastara, or Ostara depending on region) & her companion (familiar?)& chief symbol was the hare. I wrote up a fairly thorough description of the origins of the pagan holiday if you'd care to research it further at the link provided.

Ajax ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 5:13 AM

Eggs and bunnies are both fertility symbols. It's a spring thing. Go forth and multiply. Some people will tell you the egg represents resurection, but that's just a convenient coincidence.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 5:41 AM

GROINGRINDER, don't give Legume any ideas. He gets enough on his own.

neurocyber ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 5:42 AM

How about a visit from the ether bunny? Ohhh...feeling sleepy now.... :)

brittmccary ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:17 AM

file_281.jpg

heh.. I'm in the process of modelling one, - and this guys is surely an obnoxious one too. :) If any of you're ever over in the amapi forum, you'll see...

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 11:05 AM

Do any of you remember Harvey, it was a classic James Stewert movie?

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:11 PM

Cool bunny britmccary. Thanks for the link cooler I like to read about that kind of stuff. I agree with you Little Dragon the satirical jesus stuff is kinda like a trademark. I can see your point too hogwarden. Its funny how the church went and tried to replace all the fun holidays with serious religious ones.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:12 PM

Oh, here's another one what about the easter bunny rising from the dead.

Sidechain ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:55 PM

OLD JOKE ALERT: 3 guys die and appear at the pearly gates before St. Peter. St. Peter says to them "To gain admittence to Heaven, you must tell me the true meaning of easter." The first guy says "Easter is about chocolate eggs and bunny rabbits." St. Peter says "Nope, sorry." Second guy says "Easter is about being with your family and celebrating the coming of spring." St. Peter says "Nope, sorry." Third guy says "Well, Easter is about Jesus dying on the cross." "Yes, go on" says St. Peter "And three days later he rose from the dead and walked out of his tomb." "Very good, please continue" says St. Peter. The third guys looks thoughtful for a moment and says "Umm... And if he sees his own shadow there'll be six more weeks of winter!" Actually of course, christianity wouldn't really exist had it not been for all the other belief systems they co-opted. In fact, all of the central tennets of christianity, including the devine saviour made mortal, the last supper and subsequent death, ressurection and ascention, as well as the communion, were taken directly from the worship of Mithra which appeared in what is now Iraq some 3 thousand years ago. Christmas itself was The Fesival of Mithra until co-opted by christianity into the birth of Christ after the collapse of Rome. An interesting subject. Plenty of info out there for those willing to learn. :-)

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 3:04 PM

Cool joke sidechain and an informative post. Thanks.

TalmidBen ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 4:50 PM

easter is an adaptation of the word "Ishtar" - "Easter" is NOT Jesus' holiday, His Holidays are Jewish, and this one would be Yom HaBikkurim. Ben MessianicArt.com

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 5:11 PM

Ok TalmidBen now you've got me all confused. I always thought easter was celebrated because Jesus rose from the dead after he was crucified. At least that's what the nuns beat into me in catholic school.

TalmidBen ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 5:54 PM

GG, Yes, I know, not many folks know that Yom HaBikkurim was the actual day he rose, instead of an adapted pagan festival. Other little known facts: Messiah was NOT born on Christmas, but on Sukkot. He was NOT crucified on 'Good Friday', but on Passover (the day was not Friday either), He will return on Rosh HaShannah, judge the world on Yom Kippur, and install the Millennium Reigh on Sukkot. All of these are Jewish festivals, which are major points in God's Plan. What's more is that I'm not making any of this up, it's all there in the Bible, you just have to look for it. God bless, Ben MessianicArt.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.