Sun, Oct 6, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Hey Clay isn't this one of yours? Sans the posette

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 12:08 AM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 8:30 PM

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=156179&Start=685&Sectionid=0&WhatsNew=Yes

Otis4 ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 5:05 AM

No, it belongs to Andy Simmons. Here: http://www.ans-graphics.co.uk/

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 11:48 AM

Hmm thought it looked familiar and I haven't heard of webshots hope he had permission.

Otis4 ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 2:44 PM

I don't think he did. I contacted Andy, and he's going to look into it. To everyone readinf this; DO NOT use other people's work and pass it off as your own. -Otis

Sipapu ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 6:06 PM

To be fair to the artist that Vile originally posted about, he or she might have (naively, perhaps) believed that the image was freely available and did credit what he/she believed to be the source. The way that Webshots site is set up, it sure gives the appearance that they have paid for or have permission to post the images that they're presenting for free. To me it looks like a classier version of a Google image search.

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 6:48 PM

I don't want anyone to get in trouble and for the most part I would be flattered if one of my images (posted here) was used as a background. It just looks like there are more and more of these so called image sites that rip the images from legit artist communities like this, and that isn't right. I have no doubt the second artist had any idea where that came from.

Sipapu ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 6:58 PM

I agree with you, Vile, that it would be flattering to have one of my images from here used the same way (not that anyone would want a big fat squid - LOL!). BUT, I also think it could set a bad precedent. As it is, too many people who use the internet just assume that if it's out there it's theirs for the taking. (Again, no blame on my part for the second artist, but I still think he or she was being naive.)

Otis4 ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 5:14 AM

What's even worse than Webshots takining Andy's image is that the image in question was cropped to remove the signature and other identifying marks. Even so, I immediately recognized it as his work. I agree that the artist may have just been naive, but this is still a good lesson for others; make absolutely sure that the images you are using are royalty-free, and available for your use without restriction. Yes, it would be flattering for someone to use your work as a background . . but I would be more than a little upset if someone were using my work without acknowledging my contribution. It DOES set a bad precedent. Oh, and if you've never seen Andy's work before . . GO NOW. He's one of my favorite Bryce artists, and his syle is completely distinct. -Otis

Sipapu ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 6:18 AM

Otis, I'd love to see Andy's work. I thought that background was fabulous. What's his username?

Otis4 ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 6:59 AM

I don't know his Renderosity user name, but his website can be found here: http://www.ans-graphics.co.uk/ He combines Bryce with his unique Photoshop painting style to create images that are truly unique. -Otis

Sipapu ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 8:02 AM

Thanks for the link, Otis. His work truly is unique, just as you said.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2002 at 3:04 AM

Isn't this username Hobbit.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.