Fri, Sep 20, 3:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Replicate and scatter

Buffer ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 11:09 PM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 6:47 AM

Vue finally arrived today in the mail so here I am playing with my first save enabled vue product. Now, I want to create a very rugged landscape so I need some rocks. Rather than create each one seperately I replicate and scatter them. Now the only problem is, when they scatter, they are under the terrain. So I select the group pull it up to about 40 feet off the ground and use the drop to ground button. This makes some of the rocks hit the ground and others to drop through the terrain. Is there anyway to make the rocks each hit the terrain without doing it rock by rock? Also on a completely unrelated note, how would one make a series of rolling hills, not really even hills but small round rises like you might see in a hay pasture. Everything I have tried has made it for to jagged for my taste. Now if anyone has take the time to read this, you have my apologies, for my eyes are stinging I have been staring at this screen for so long. It's time to go and dream of rendering.

smallspace ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 12:47 AM

Un-group them (but still select all of them) when you do the drop. That way Vue calculates the collision for each rock rather than the group as a whole. -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 4:46 AM

file_1553.jpg

Buffer, is this what you mean with rolling hills ? In this sample, I just used "rocks" and mapped it with the terrain material (here the grass from landscapes). Guitta

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2002 at 8:52 AM

Yeah Buffer, you want to have close objects grouped together for rendering, and to keep the clutter in the world browser organized, but not until after you're happy with their location. As SMT says, if you ungroup them, then select them all, you can lift them all up and drop them and each one will stop when it hits something.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.