Mon, Sep 23, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:44 pm)

Subject: Help Making Poser Props From 3D Studio Max Models

SNiPER-X ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2002 at 12:02 PM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 10:24 PM

I use both 3D Studio Max and Softimage for modeling, and I would like any hints, tips, tutorials, resources on how to get my models into Poser, and saved as a poser prop..... Thanks in advance!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2002 at 12:24 PM

How can you export your models, I mean how will 3D Studio allow you to export them? Sharen

SNiPER-X ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2002 at 12:47 PM

You can export them as .OBJ or .3DS which are both importable into Poser, however this doesn't make them props automatically, this just allows them to be brought into poser.

adidas ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 3:27 AM

i make my props in 3d max ,after i make them i inmport them as obj or as 3ds.Once inside poser i resave them as obj and give them a texturemapping with uvmapper.Then i import them again and thats it.Keep in mind that when you import it the first time you have to scale and turn the model.Remeber the scale -the amount of resising-and after you texturemapped it and want to import the model again,give the scale in the import window .I hope you can get it to work. If you need more information i am willing to write everything down with a few screenshoots . If needed my email is Pascal.Van.Bladel@Pandora.be. Hope i was any help

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.