Fri, Sep 20, 4:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: And the winner is ... are ...

litst ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 1:42 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:47 AM

file_3180.jpg

Hi everybody, The judges have voted and the winner is ........................ TOXE ! We knew that this young man has some incredible talent, and here's another proof . Just look at his image : so much realism and the image still has this wonderful "illustration" feeling . Congratulations Davide, you will receive a copy of Tree Druid by our sponsor Zenstar . Wait, it's not finished ...

litst ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 1:43 AM

file_3181.jpg

And because it was impossible for the judges to let him go without a prize, the second place goes to ....................... Pixelicious ! :) Your image has a very original composition and the atmosphere is really strong . Plus, it was hard to make an image that really tells a story with the theme we had :) . Congratulations Scott, Mike Pogue from Zenstar has decided to offer you a copy of Thor . BTW, please show to the members what you showed to me : there is so much work in this image, and the most of it is just barely seen in the final pic ! :) People, i've heard Kixum is cooking a neat contest, so stay tuned ! litst

AzChip ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 9:23 AM

These are both great images. Toxe has done an amazing job with the details, and Pixelicious -- I find myself wondering what happened. Good job to everyone who entered, and special thanks to Zenstar for sponsoring the contest (and ponying up an extra prize). Looking forward to the next one! - Dex

twillis ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 12:13 PM

Congrats to both of you. Well deserved wins. Toxe's artwork has caught my attention before and I think there is a lot to learn from this picture. The way the background details add to the "real" feeling. And the way he's made ordinary objects look actually quite beautiful. I'll never look at a bottle of juice quite the same way again! And I'm really impressed at the way Pixelicious made a picture that implied a story. I'm wondering what might have happened as well. An accident? Violence? Or maybe with the kids away at school Mom and Dad are taking advantage of the moment, and enjoying wild passion on the breakfast table! I love pictures that do that.

DotPainter123 ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 4:41 PM

Congrats all! I actually felt that these 2 would definitely be the top contenders when I saw them! Definetely quite detailed and very well done!

pixelicious ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 5:14 PM

thanks for all the comments everyone, and
congratulations to TOXE!

i was planning to post information about my
process if i won. so i suppose this is close
enough. i think i'll display this all on my
website and supply the link here on the forum.
please give me about a week to get my many
test renders organized into a coherent
presentation.

i'll happily field answers to any questions, too.

-scott

TOXE ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 5:47 PM

Hi all, is 1:47 am in Italy, and i'm too tired. Tomorrow i will post a more serious message (not like this) about this contest. Pixelicious, your image is too great and i'm impatient to see new images in your gallery :-) Thanks to all. Is all for now, later TOXE

willf ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 10:08 PM

Both are fantastic examples of the creative mind at work (& some of the comments are very creative also, twillis). Congratulations TOXE & pixelicious. I really like the depth of field, color & placemat in TOXEs image & especially like the unique perspective of pixelicious composition.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 10:24 PM

Nicely done! Mark

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2002 at 9:09 AM

Ok, excuse me for the previous message, but when one is tired there are no other solution like the sleep:) Thanks to all for your comments and approval, there are the best thing and i'm very happy. I think that the image of Pixelicious is exceptional and better of mine in fact of realism. TOXE

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.