Fri, Sep 20, 11:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Texture Map problems

fantombe ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 3:20 PM ยท edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 11:22 PM

Another newbie question! I've just imported my new object and set up the bones in pro pack and the like, but when I set the texture map in the materials back in the pose room, it refuses to stick it on! I render it - no texture map! I pick a few pictures at random, just to get anything at all to go on - nothing! This is driving me up the wall! HELP!!!!! Thanks :)

Hiram ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 3:54 PM

Are you actually assigning it to the body parts and not the preview?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 4:03 PM

Make sure that the document window is in Texture-Shaded mode (CTRL-9), and that Use Texture Maps is enabled in Render Options (CTRL-Y).

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that your new object might not have UV mapping coordinates. Were you able to apply a texture to the object before importing it into Poser? If not, you'll have to run the object through a mapping utility like UVMapper or LithUnwrap first.

fantombe ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 4:07 PM

Actually, thats probably it, cos after setting up mapping coordinates, I never re-imported the object. I'm gonna try it, thanks! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.