Mon, Sep 16, 10:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Does anyone know how to pronounce . . .

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 9:26 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:17 AM

... Nene? Is it "Neen," "Neenie," or "Neenay"? I never know what to call her when I mention this character to people. Melanie

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 9:28 PM

I say it as "Nay Nay"...

MartinC ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 2:48 AM

Allerleirauh, I hope it's not nasty to ask, but how do you pronounce yourself? It looks german, but that assumption could be terribly wrong of course... :-)

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 3:29 AM
  • There is a river called Nene in the Fens in England. It is pronounced "Neen". - But when "nene" means the Hawaiian Goose bird, it is pronounced "naynay".

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 8:51 AM

Nene in Japanese would be naynay as noted above...."e" is pronounced much like the long "a" sound in english and japanese has few (if any) silent letters.... Scarab<- "konnichiwa!"

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 9:37 AM

I think it's pronounced "Ralph" The "e" is silent.

Yamato ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 10:02 AM

Correct pronounciation of "Nene" is here! Attention!! The world first opening to the public. Kozaburo's Voice ;-) http://www.rakuto.com/bbs/nene.au

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 10:05 AM

Yamato, I knew you would come to the rescue!

MartinC ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 4:29 PM

That's interesting... Cinderella is very popular in Germany, but her name is "Aschenputtel" (first part is "ashes", obviously the same reference as "cinder"). I never heard of another version and the name Allerleirauh, but I remember a film from (old) East Germany with a (very) different version of it, I think it claimed to be of polish or czech origin - but I can't remember the name. Sorry melanie for being completely off topic now... MOVED TO VIRTUAL TAVERN :-) :-) :-)

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 8:42 AM

Yamato, thanks for the sound bite. That helped a lot. Now I know how to say it. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.