Fri, Sep 20, 1:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser -> Bryce troubles

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2002 at 1:35 PM ยท edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 5:23 AM

Hiyo everyone. I'm having a problem. I can't understand it. I'm trying to export a character from Poser into Bryce as a Wavefrony OBJ. I import it into Bryce and I get an Invalid format error message. What's going on? I've done the same exact thing bunches of times before, but I've never had trouble with characters. Only time I've had this problem is with objects from Poser into Bryce, but I could export as a different format and import them into Bryce. That would'nt work real well with characters, would it? I'd appreciate any help anyone may offer. Thanks much in advance everyone!

TalmidBen ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2002 at 3:30 PM

I usually export in .obj format, and have experienced no problems. Do you have the latest updates to each of your programs? Try shutting down your computer, and then re-starting. I also like FFX.

Flak ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 6:42 AM

I also export/import everything in .obj format and can't remember any probs. What versions of bryce and poser are you using? Also, try to just export/import a naked model (i.e. something really simple with nothing added) and see if that works. If it does, then maybe the prob is in something you've added to the character.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 2:33 PM

Oddness. The problem was a necklace I had on the character. I'd used it before with no problems. I can't figure it out. I must've imported the necklace as a 3DS object before. Thanks for your helps everyone!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.