Sun, Sep 22, 1:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Texture problem

Kathleen ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 10:53 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:31 AM

I didn't know whether I should post this on this or the Bryce forum, so if I posted it on the wrong forum sorry! I imported a Poser4 obj. into Bryce3. But when I place the texture on, well, as you can see, it doesn't map on the figure right. I know I used the right texture, so is Poser4 and Bryce3 incompatible? I hope you can explain it. -Kathleen

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 11:06 PM

I used to have Bryce 2 and that definitly would NOT accept Poser textures. I now have Bryce 4 which does, Not sure on Bryce 3... watch for later posts

skee ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 12:20 AM

try rotating the texture 180 degrees on x this has worked for me . skee

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 3:32 AM

Poser 3 needs to have the textures rotated 180 (exactly as Skee says) to work. Bryce 4 doesn't have this problem but it was one of the things that really made me wonder what the heck was going on when I first started using Bryce and Poser Paul

SmallFry ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 8:54 PM

since we're discussing texture problems... i'm having problems in poser 4 with textures. i'm trying to apply a texture to the woman's turtleneck sweater, but the map i created (with the help of uv mapper) doesn't appear either in the preview or in any renderings. i even tried using the template for the sweater that came on the cd with no success. i then exported the entire file as an obj file to try it in bryce 4 and carrara. the map appeared fine in carrara, but did not in bryce. the postings above helped me understand the bryce problem, but what do i have to do in poser?

skee ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 11:33 PM

smallfry did you check to make sure you were aplying the texture to the meterial not just the preview. skee

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

SmallFry ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 8:47 AM

i'm applying the texture to everything listed under material for the woman's sweatshirt and it's still not visible in either the preview or the render. in addition to the "sweater" group, there's a "trim" group, a "skin" group, and a bunch of others. i've applied the texture to all of them with no success. again, i've exported the model into carrara and the texture shows up, so it must be something i'm not getting right in poser. any ideas anyone?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.