Wed, Sep 18, 11:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Room for improvement?

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 6:08 AM ยท edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 12:47 AM

I love surfing the galleries here, and have contributed a few pieces that I am proud of. Every day I see artworks here that are jaw-droppingly, unbelievably good. The mastery of techniques and different software is superb. However, I think there is room for improvement. Many images here are similar in one respect: someone put a great pose on a Poser figure, wrapped an excellent texture on it, got the lighting perfect, rendered and voila! A photo of a mannequin. Still lifes and portraiture are good (I do them myself) but we can do so much more than "virtual photography". In fact, we can go anywhere our imaginations, life experiences and talent can take us. So make a statement, put Posette or Vicky on a bicycle, show her signing the Declaration of Independence, something besides staring soulfully into the camera. Put yourself into your art. The personal rewards of doing this are huge. Thanks for the ear. :>)

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 6:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=171984&Start=1&Sectionid=3&WhatsNew=Yes

I agree:-) and that's what I'm already doing. The latest is here.

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 8:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12372&Form.ShowMessage=659525

I guess we're getting "overexposed." Melanie started a challenge a week or so ago that addresses that very thing!!!

ScottA ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 10:43 AM

Take a look at my gallery............ Naked Vickie images will start too look much better to you. ;-)

tonymouse ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 10:54 AM

Take look at my gallry I don't think I have anybody looking soulfully into the cammera at all!! I absoulutly agree with you it is good to explore all you can. I will admit I am partial to tighter shots, gives better details in faces. ( warning!!! there is gay stuff in there, It might be to frighting for some ;) )

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 11:28 AM

Checked on all your galleries, people, and that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. All the art galleries at Renderosity are like a big field of daisies. Every single work of art here (even the ones I don't like and they are blessedly few)is a beautiful flower unique in its own way. And if you look closely in between the flowers, you might find a diamond. I just want more diamonds. (Whoah... it may be time for a nap, I'm getting all poetical. :>) ). Sorry I missed Melanie's challenge. I try to hit the forums every day, but I tend not to read too deeply (short attention span). The talk gets me ready to fire up my creation machine, so sometimes I stop reading and start rendering. If I may, I'd like to offer 2 of my works for the challenge. 1. The Sculptor 2. One Summer Dream. Thanks.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 11:56 AM

You haven't missed the challenge. It's open and on-going.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.