Tue, Oct 22, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 8:28 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Should this be a conformer and what would be best way?

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 6:46 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:04 PM

file_5403.jpg

Hi again. Same project as my last question. I've just completed the boots, pants with (I think) nearing realistic subtle wrinkles and the shirt I've already shown. Now, I'm making a pair of blasters and holster(spell?). My question is, should the holster conform or should it just be a smart prop? I want to be mindful of the slight bend and sway of the blaster pouches and I want it to fit him well and don't want the blaster pouches always following his legs and buttocks unrealistically. What would be the best way to achieve this? Any ideas? Next question is do you have any helpful suggestions to improve the blasters or holster to make it more believable, even though it's a fictional scifi weapon? I've only ever shot a couple weapons, m16 rifle and a small one I can't remember the name. Oh, well, I also fired that one they always use in movies that really blows things up and a giant machine gun. That was cool, even though I was firing dummies. I'm not good with names and tech terms for things. This is all my first time using extrude/subdivision to model and I'm making it up as I go along, keeping within the scifi theme. That is why I'm making it a freebee, but I want it to be market quality as a matter of professional pride anyway. Can't do freebees like this every month, but once in a while, I think it's a great idea, don't you, especially when you've learned something new? Thanks runtimedna, btw, where I learned the extrude method from their tutorial!

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 6:48 AM

file_5404.jpg

Here is a side view of the holster with the blaster in it. Does it make sense this way? Would it be practicle set up this way, do you think? What do you think?

nyar1ath0tep ( ) posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 2:21 PM

The holsters should follow the hip movement alone, so I don't think the gunbelt should be a conforming clothing item. That is, the gunbelt shouldn't have any joints (if you ask me).

chriscox ( ) posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 7:57 PM

Is it possible to do it as a conforming figure with body parts consisting of hip, buttocks, and holsters so the hip and buttocks parts of the gun belt will conform and bend with the figure but the holsters will stay in place but not take on any bends? Chris Cox

Chris Cox

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 6:48 AM

Thanks for your suggestions. I made it conform to the hip only and the blaster pouches are poseable. So is the belt buckle, but that was just a shortcut to making it a seperate material zone, instead of doing it the way I did the shirt, but it might be beneficial for tweaking some extreme poses anyway, so who knows. It works great this way, at any rate.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.