Fri, Sep 20, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: We need an expert morpher

postapulcino ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 5:40 AM ยท edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:08 AM

Hi! We are a group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/motionpicture3d We need to make a movie with a transformation between a man and a bug. It's very difficult for us. Can you help? Any idea? Thanks. Andrea.

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 5:49 AM

entirely possible however, youd have to set it up backwards bugs have 6 legs people 4 so youd start with the bug and then youd have to morph it problems with detail will exist because the bug will not have eye details that a person has..so when you get to a point in the animation..youd have to break from the view nd morph from a rough human to a detailed one. this is part of what I was explaining earlier in the 'woman to deer' morph anyhow its doable, but you must have full knowledge of the programs you are using to pull it off. If you do, the I'd be willing to help you by describing what has to be done. If not, Id have to write a book on it and that'd be too much to explain. BT

wipe ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 12:15 PM

laughsHow many legs have you Got, BT?! (and where do you buy your trousers? - I know what you meant, though)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 4:01 PM

Yes, I'd like an answer to that, also, brycetech ... and do they have any trousers in my size, with a hole to accommodate the tail?

With changes this radical, postapulcino, you might be better off creating two animations (one of the man, one of the bug) and then use traditional 2D morphing software to simulate the transformation, as demonstrated in the Michael Jackson video, "Black or White".

Or you could try brycetech's approach and then use the 2D morphing software in postwork to smooth out the transition.

Here's a link to a freeware PC morphing utility, if you're interested: WinMorph

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.