Tue, Oct 22, 4:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: a bigger, softer Steph?

cyber-organic ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 3:13 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:52 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_5822.jpg

OK, is there any way to get steph to look a little bigger, in a feminine way? Basically the onyl thing I can seem to come up with is skinny Steph or cut, muscular Steph. I've tried bringing over some of Mike's morphs, but his "heavy" morphs do such things as make her gut hang out over her belt. Not exactly what I'm wanting. Does anyone know of something like Vicky's pear-shaped morphs for Steph? I'd like for her to have some muscle tone and definition, but not be so skinny. I've attached a pic of Vicky and Steph. The way Vicky is is sort of what I'm going for with Steph. Naturally I'd prefer something free, but are there any characters in the MP that might be what I'm looking for? Thanks in advance.

KattMan ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 3:20 PM

heh this side by side comaprison really shows something interesting. Steph is truely a sex change! Look at the line of the rib cage. She's missing a rib, just like a man!

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 3:23 PM

file_5823.jpg

If you're looking for a more feminine Steph, you can't go wrong with Priscilla, available in the Marketplace from Xena. Like Pamela for Victoria, Priscilla adds that extra touch of realism, with slightly wider hips, a fuller bosom ("BOSOM? You always talk like that? I bet you say 'penis' too."), and a generally more 'feminine' shape. I highly recommend both Pamela and Priscilla. Above is a shot I did using Priscilla, for the most part 'out of the box'. There's also a forum thread here showing all three of Xena's ladies...just search for Xena, and it should show up. ChromeTiger

KattMan ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 3:27 PM

heh yeah, looks more feminine but there is that missing rib again.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 3:29 PM

I just don't really like Stephies body very much, I think that the vicky muscle morphs looks far better then the sex change that is steph. Chrome that pic loks great but the 'toe' whoa man, thats some wedgie.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 3:29 PM

file_5824.jpg

Here's another, since it looks like you're going for an athletic type look. This is Sparrowhawk, from my upcoming comic series. She's built on Priscilla, with some tweaking of the Muscular morphs, and the Spandex morph to account for the suit texture. Hope this helps! ChromeTiger

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 3:35 PM

Overall I think Steph is a good model. Yeah, there's a shortfall or two, but no moreso than Mike or Vicky. The limits are beeing pushed every single day as far as polygon counts, falloff zone operation, morphing, and so on. Talented artists like Xena, Traveler, and many more keep pushing the envelope, and we're the ones that benefit from it. So, I don't complain about the quirks of any particular model...I just work with what I have, and watch for the next barrier to shatter. :)

TigerD ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 3:39 PM

Or, you could try Tailor for giving Steph some of Vickie's morphs. It should work as they wear the same clothes.

Barbarellany ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 3:50 PM

Did we forget that women come in different shapes. Before Stephanie came out everyone complained that Vicky was too curvy. And some very famous women have removed a rib. If you want curvy, use Vicky, if you want a more boyish figure, go with Steph.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 4:06 PM

i pretty much like how steph turned out, there are a lot of possibilities. and you can make her look curvier - dont just limit yourself to morphs, use morphs in the negatives, and try scaling as well. tuesday from dark corner's (kiera and myself) tuesday & ophelia pack has quite fuller hips, although her upper torso is thinner... deliberately, to give her more of a feminine pear shape. cheers, -gabriel

Hiram ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 5:01 PM

Attached Link: http://library.mothernature.com/bookstore/32/index.cfm?chp=72

Kattman: I'm afraid the rib thing is a folk myth. Check out the link for the full story. *Ribs If you don't have a degree in anthropology, you might fall for it yourself. At an historical museum a guide pointed out to Susan Larson--who has a Ph.D. in anthropology--that you can tell a female skeleton from a male one because it has an extra rib. But because Dr. Larson knows her bones--she's assistant professor of anatomy at the State University of New York at Stony Brook--she knew that it wasn't true. "Men and women have the same number of ribs," says Dr. Larson. The idea that women have an extra one is a myth, one that most likely originated with the biblical story of God taking a rib from Adam to create Eve. So if the Creator gets blamed for rib robbery, it's a bad rap: The thievery never happened.* And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

KattMan ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 5:21 PM

Heh, ok I'd have to go back to my anatomy books for that one. And this was by no way a bashing of Steph, We definatly need more variety and steph gives it to us.

cyber-organic ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 7:02 PM

I really like like Steph, personally. I like her musculature, which is much more realistic than Vicky's. I find muscle definition sexy, so I like to give most of my female characters some measure of muscle definition. Steph is particularly good to use when making elves. I picture my elves as long and lean, almost wiry. Steph does that really well. The reason for this thread was that I was having trouble going ot the other end of the spectrum with her.

queri ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 7:36 PM

I like the angles in Steph's face, she takes light beautifully. There are apparently softer, more womanly versions on the way. No fatter ones, that I can see. Too bad. Emily

creativechaos ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2002 at 7:44 PM

Well, you geniuses have done a Stephette...why is it not possible to take Stephanie's head and transpose it on a Vicki body. It shouldn't be as hard as putting her on Posette....Just food for thought and an answer to liking stephanie's face, but Vickis' body morphs....

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

Cris_Palomino ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 3:28 AM

file_5826.jpg

Oh, and so you can see the difference from Steph to the rounded Elyana, here's a pic showing the changes.

Cris

Cris_Palomino ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 3:30 AM

file_5827.jpg

Cyber, I agree with Chrometiger that Xena's Priscilla does a beautiful larger, rounder Stephanie. I wasn't sure if you were looking to do a muscular Steph or if people were just interpreting it that way. I understood rounder more like what I've done. I used my own morphs (including making the butt in ZBrush) and a few of Steph's morphs to make my Elyana whom I used in this illustration, "The Seductress". She can certainly be made rounder. Cris

Axel ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 4:11 AM

Elyana is the best (at least to my mind) Poser female figure I have ever seen. I am very angry about myself, that I could not create something comparable. Please find the way to make it available for the community.

SimonWM ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 8:51 AM

Where can I find Elyana? I searched in the marketplace & freestuff and nothing came up!!!

Cris_Palomino ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 9:32 AM

Thank you, Axel and SimonWM, for your beautiful comments on Elyana. Elyana is not yet available because I am still working on her. There are a few morphs I am trying to get right. Since I paint, a figure doesn't have to be perfect when I make her because I will correct her with post-production. However to sell her, she has to be as near perfect as at least is available with the Poser figures you can obtain now. In the comparison shot, there is no post on the first two figures; there is a ton in the final "Seductress" image. Your letters have encouraged me that there may be a market for her and I will do my best to work on her so that I can release her. I will advise you as that time draws near. Thank you for your supportive letters. Cris

Axel ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 11:50 AM

Victorias ugly waist/hip area has been severely criticized several times on this Forum. Elyana look like to be a brilliant solution of this old problem. Thank a lot for your work. Well wait for her.

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 7:49 PM

Oh! Cris! She's Marvelous! Defenitely the type of woman my Bro Marco goes for! LOL His Quote: "A Woman's curves are the most exquisite sight to behold!". I'll keep watch for your updates on her! :-) And Yes! There's is a demand for such a model! Anik

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.