Mon, Oct 21, 9:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Poser stops working under windows 2000... help ?

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 8:32 AM ยท edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 11:27 PM

Something weird just happened to me. Two days ago, poser was working fine on my PC (pro pack SR 3 and windows 2000 SP 2). Without any appearant reason, since yesterday, I can not start poser at all. The interface opens for one or two seconds (with only the Help menu available) and just dissapears. There is no particular event in the system logs. No error message from poser. I'm pretty sure I did not install anything since wednesday or even changd video settings or drivers. I tried reinstalling poser, looking for a virus or defragmenting the drive... still not working. Any suggestion as to what to look for next ? Is there a way to turn poser into 'debug' mode and get an error message or a clue as to why it just crashes suddenly ?

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 10:57 AM

You need to contact curiouslabs about this. Also, do you have a firewall program that doesn't let it run until you accept it? Like Blackice or eSafe. eSafe will stop Poser from accessing the net until I give the ok, and you don't always see the dialog window. I run Poser on my win2k system, have for as long as win2k pro has been out. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 11:03 AM

Get the free version of zonelab and you will see it pop up. Just don't give it permission and you should be fine. Like Ron says. 8^) Marque

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 2:12 PM

Thanks for the answers... ronknight, now you mention it, my wife's computer is indeed networked to mine and, indeed also, she had her machine disconnected from the local network last night (installing windows XP). I will try that tonight and see if it works.

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2002 at 2:46 PM

ron... I can't believe this ! It did work ! It would help a lot if curiouslab documented this 'feature' or at least, if they had displayed a window or an error message... To think I was about to reinstall windows over this :) Thanks a lot !

arabinowitz ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 9:22 AM

Attached Link: http://www.allbetsareoff.com

Hi everyone- Does this sort of thing apply to Cable Modem? I am getting Cable Modem at the end of this week, and I assume it puts you on some sort of network. Anyone have that experience? Thanks. Aharon

arabinowitz ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 12:09 PM

Thanks. I'll go Xerox this and then wipe my nose with a Kleenex. Yeah - we tend to hold on to outdated words. Thanks again, Ron. Aharon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.