Thu, Sep 19, 5:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Before I sink the farm into this

shorterbus ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 11:20 AM ยท edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 3:10 PM

When I purchase modified characters (not Vicky or Mike)am I limited to just the clothing provided with the pack? Are there normal clothes availabe - something other than hot pants and catsuits? I want to people typical scenes (shopping mall and that ilk) with well-defined distinct characters who do not appear as if they just wandered out of the Victoria's Secret dressingroom.

queri ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 3:08 PM

It depends on how they are modified. The Vicki morphing clothing pack takes care of most of the major morphs. Mike doesn't have one. Tailor takes care of everything but scaling. I just modified clothing from Vicki's basic pack for Nicole, using the artist's suggestions and they fit perfectly-- had to be scaled properly. The Boris modification pack has pre-modified all the basic Mike clothes and many of the fancy kits-- Adventurers and Olympians, for instance. There are some pobbles, but I have to do post on most poses to catch skin peeking through. The question is, do you want to have to learn Tailor to take care of modifying clothes. I do know what you mean, bikini's fit everybody-- even Mike, if you scale em up high enough, but the mall isn't filled with people in Bikini's not even in LA. Almost every morphed figure has a default Vicki or Mike body to go back to for clothing. But often I buy the figure for the special "look" of a different body. If it's not too far off, tweaking will work, but not always. On the other hand, Tailor worked for Belle's Big Beauties so it's a pretty awesome program. And being upgraded as we speak. Just depends on how much work you want to do. And how frustrated you want to get-- some things probably won't work. That's reality. I doubt I'll be able to get Boris into the trench coat that's at Daz right now, but you never know. If you know that the different figures are adapted from the built in morphs in Mike and Vicki2, then look for clothing that also has those built in qualities-- Traveller's Gothic Armor comes to mind, 3DWizard's zippered creations always have many morphs built in. Emily

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 26 April 2002 at 8:27 PM

Don't forget, Vicki2 and Mike2 have VickiP4 and MikeP4 available which allows them to use Posette and Dork clothing. That will give you more lattitude. Tailor will then allow you to customize clothing for more body types. Cheers!

movida ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2002 at 11:31 AM

One third party clothing set that works for me is Travelers' Swashbuckler (it's at www.DAZ3d.com) under Vicky or Stephanie clothes. Even has a "small chest" YIPEEE!!!! morph. I've got 2 characters that have proportional changes in addition to morphs and the Swashbuckler set is great. Renapd's textures also wonderful (I went whole hog on this one and have never regretted it) Travelers Armor for Vicky will probably be as functional. I have to go buy it now because like a fool, I passed on it while it was on sale...oh well...

movida ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2002 at 11:40 AM

Also, Antons' Spyware fits these 2 characters also (as well as the Swashbuckler set). These 2 sets of clothing have been a godsend.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.