Tue, Oct 22, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Gyroscope Model?

Moonbiter ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 12:32 AM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 7:37 AM

Has anyone seen one lying around on the net? I'm trying to help a friend with a simple project and he needs an image of a gyroscope, I tried doing one in Photoshop and Vue but.... I suck. Heheh.... Anyway if you know where one can be found... free or otherwise could you let me know. Thanks.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 5:51 AM

You can probably model it just using Poser primitives. A narrowed cylinder with 2 skinny torii at right angles... and don't they have a knob at the tip where it spins? Joe's astrolabes are the only thing I've found that are even close. Little_Dragon has better eyes, though (actually a better database). Carolly

cooler ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 12:28 PM

file_6298.jpg

let me know if either, or both, of these will do & I'll get them posted to freestuff over at 3D commune sometime later this evening

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2002 at 8:15 PM

The one on the right is gorgeous! Alchemists and starship navigators can all be pleased. :) I just realized that they need a knob (or something) on the top, too, for spinning them with... maybe a knurled knob? Thanks! Carolly

cooler ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 2:48 AM

otay they are both up in freestuff at 3D Commune (206K zipped) & after your post Carolly I did some checking & most of the examples I found had a type of pull string that wound around the gyro, (like a ripcord), rather than a knob to twist so I opted to leave it off.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 4:40 AM

Ah, right, pull string! That would get it up to speed, and give the cats something else to chase. :) Thank you! Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.