Mon, Oct 21, 5:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: New (?) Concept: Body Effects and a random tip

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 12:36 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 1:00 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_6469.jpg

It occured to me last night that the catsuit is perfect for adding effects to a figure without modifying the texture map. Pictured here is an early prototype of "Wetness". The only real problem is that you can't set highlight to anything but black unless you want ghosts where transparency should be. Other ideas are body sparkles, body hair, etc. One other thing I've discovered: The Lacrimal Material on Vicky is best left black, for eyeliner continuity if you're using makeup. Even better, is to draw black liner on the lacrimal on your tex map, like a Greater than/Less than sign on the left and right respectively. And an idea for Utility creators: A program that will batch convert JPG's or BMP's (or whatever) to .bum's. Too often we get non-converted bump maps and the first time we use our material poses, it's all screwy. -WTB

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 12:37 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_6470.jpg

A finished pic with effect

Grammer ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 2:13 PM

Hi, good idea. We should put the highlight thingy in a poser faq. You must create a texture map, with all transparent parts black then load it and you can put any highlights up. You also can load the transparency map itself as the texture map. Karl

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 3:45 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Attached Link: http://mine.site.ne.jp/dld/column/010419.html

Hi William, Karl's correct. Recently someone else was asking about transparencies and highlights in this thread http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=680172 I came across this in minerva's Digital Love Doll site (see link) about a year ago. Have a look at the pictures and the download and you'll get the idea. If you need to, run the page through Excite's Japanese site translator. It's a great idea though and can come in useful for many effects and not just with the catsuit. Thanks for the tip :)

saxon ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 5:20 PM

Do you know, that's given me an absolutely obscene idea.......... thanks...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 5:39 PM

Transparency maps on the catsuit work great for blood splatters and tattoos, also.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 12:50 PM

Not bad, not bad at all...

What I did once, just as a temporary measure, is to take an image and open it in my fave photo editor (you guys use p-shop, I use GIMP... same-same, as long as it handles layers.)

I slap on a transparent layer, then monkey with that layer to do what I will. I then save the results as a seperate .tif file (I have Pro Pack, so this is no prob... otherwise I think you have to save it in .jpg... not sure on that part.)

Before closing the editor, I copy off a seperate image of my new layer, and turn it to B&W coloring, then run it through the negative filter, which gives me a bump map if I need it.

Fire up Poser, then use your modified texture, and the bump map if desired... et voila' - a bit more work, but less work than getting a catsuit to stay conformed ;)

/P

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 12:52 PM

...where did you get that kick-butt hair? /P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.