Fri, Sep 20, 7:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Automatic Gravity Effects

YellowMike ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 4:31 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

Being new to Poser here's a newbie question. Is it possible to easily include gravity effects on the whole figure in the document space? I've looked in the User Guide, Mortier's book The Poser 4 Handbook, and several places online. I've installed PAE which so far looks like it'll might do what I want but I'd rather have the ability in Poser rather than exporting and importing into another program.

My thoughts are that whether the character is naked or wearing flowing robes if they're bent, laying down, flying, etc. I'd like to see gravity at work.

And being able to adjust the strength of the gravity field would be helpful also. Especially for space (no gravity) or water (less gravity) environments.

Does anyone have any samples of gravity effects that they've done and how they did them?

the3dwizard ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 5:49 PM

Most people simulate gravity with magnets. Magnets are used mostly for morphs but the same effect can be used to simulate gravity.

farang ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 9:34 PM

Try Maxon 4D XL and the "Dynamics" plugin which not only simulates gravity effects but also cloth! I haven't fully explored this program and what it can fully do but it definitely has a ton of potential. The renders in Cin 4D are also head and shoulders above Posers. Hope this helps.

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 10:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=58618

Darth_Logice (brain-fog! what's his current nick?) describes some success with gravity effects using Poser's Point-At command in this thread: [Gravity Effects](http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=58618)

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 12:42 AM

Nance, Thanks for remembering :) -WTB (Formerly Darth_Logice)

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 5:34 AM

Glad to hear about the point at thing. I tried using the hair pointing at the ground and it seems to work! Did this ever get developed/researched any more?

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

YellowMike ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 10:20 PM

Thanks for the reference Nance. I'll have to try it out. I've been using PAE and not having much success so far. Is this a moot point for most people? It seems in most of the pictures I've seen so far don't have gravity effects or at the very least limited magnet effects.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2002 at 1:01 AM

I think everyone would love to use gravity, for hair, clothing and other things but the learning curve for magnets is fairly steep. Like collision detection, it's one of those "high-end" features Poser 4 doesn't really come naturally endowed with. Poser 5 is supposed to have the collision detection, don't know about gravity though.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.