Thu, Oct 3, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Writing Python Script to save the LAST frame of an animation...

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 11:49 AM · edited Tue, 09 July 2024 at 1:15 AM

I'm working on a long project so I'm breaking it down into lots of smaller scenes. To do this, I need the following scenes to start with the last frame of the preceeding scene. EXAMPLE: 1) I create and animate a scene with figure, light, and camera movements. I save it as Scene001. 2) I go to the Keyframe Editor, go to the last frame, and make a keyframe for everything (all figures, props, lights, cameras, etc.). 3) I drag that keyframe all the way to Frame 1. 4) Under Animation Setup, I reset the animation length to 1 (this deletes all the other frames). 5) I save the file as Scene002. 6) I'm ready to start creating the next scene! --------------------- I do this process A LOT. So, it seems like this is a perfect candidate for Python Scripting. Now, my cursory examination of the Python scripting guide in my Pro Pack manual doesn't list much for accessing Keyframes. So, I'm wondering how to do this. It seems like I'll have to do it like this: 1) get all the properties for all the figures, objects, lights, cameras, etc. 2) then resize the animation to 1 frame 3) and then apply all the stored properties to the everything (figures, objects, lights, cameras, etc.) Does this sound right? Guidance will be greatly appreciated (it would even be more appreciated if someone has already written this script and will share it!) -------------------------- By the way, is there a "Select All" method that allows you to get all parameters/properties from a specific frame?

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.