Sat, Sep 21, 3:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: It rained today

ASalina ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 8:54 PM ยท edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 4:00 AM

file_8075.jpg

But I still managed to fill my 128 meg flash card, which is a first for me. I think there's something wrong with my camera or flash card because a number of the images were corrupted when downloaded them to the computer.

This is also the first time I've seriously tried RAW file
format mode in the camera rather than JPG. I think I still
prefer JPG. The RAW files take up a lot more room on the
card and don't seem to offer any real benefits with the
software I have.

Above is about the only halfway decent shot I got for my
trouble. I really like the light in the woods while it's
raining. Wet tree bark seems almost black and provides
a nice contrast to the greenery. I'm not sure why this
image isn't very sharp, even after sharpening in post.
None of them were.

doruksal ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 11:42 PM

Beautiful nature, and can almost smell the wet soil and foliage..!

bevchiron ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 12:45 AM

I like the way the tree creates a kind of frame for the background & the water leads to the light. Nice colours & fresh feel to this. I don't know anything about RAW, I have a TIFF option on my camera & it does seem to have some benifits but you're right about filling up the card!!

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

PunkClown ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 1:35 AM

Beautiful scene and place... Does the flash card have the option of being "reformatted"? I have the option to format my card from the camera, perhaps that would help...or perhaps your camera is just buggy with "raw" format" (which I must confess a total lackof familiarity with) :-)>

eartho ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 2:02 AM

CrystalWizard speaking of unicorns and magic...
ROFL! that's too much!
sorry...

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 6:59 AM

This is a beautiful image....I always love going out and shooting in the rain. I hardly ever use the raw file format but work with the next level down which on my camera is called super fine and is saved in tiff format. At a resolution of 1600X1200 I can fit about 43 images on a 256mb flashcard.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Antoonio ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 2:33 PM

If you try to open images strightly from flash, without moving in pc first, still corrupted? Have you tried to upload new drivers for your digicam and/or program you use for moving images from flash? In "normal" use, hq-jpg is far enough. But if you're in that perfect moment, I would suggest using tiff. Oh, btw, beautiful pic. .n

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.