Sun, Oct 6, 6:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: A silly question

Hyria ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2002 at 6:46 PM ยท edited Tue, 20 August 2024 at 2:09 AM

I know there are several textures on how to do skin out there but I just have one problem. I've opened up my P4 male template and from scratch made a skin texture. The problem is "why won't it wrap on my P4 man right. I did use the P4 man's template. Any ideas :) Thanks.

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

gryffnn ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2002 at 8:01 PM

You need to give more information - exactly what is wrong? Do you see the texture on the figure, but not in the right areas? That will happen if you move the template areas around; they have to stay in the same place, so Poser knows where to put the pixels of the map onto the model.

tasmanet ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2002 at 9:41 PM

I suppose you did rename it to my man.jpg and put it into a folder in TexturesMy Man Then you opened matarials and found the texture my man.jpg and applied it to the model

tasmanet ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2002 at 9:45 PM

Screen Grab an Image of the problem. "a picture is worth a thousand words"

Hyria ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2002 at 9:53 PM

The new texture is smaller and to the side of the areas it should be example: the face of the redered man and the face of the texture are sidce by side and the new tex. is smaller than the man? I'd give a pic but I don't have it anymore :( Have to make another one :(

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

tasmanet ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2002 at 10:50 PM

file_8611.JPG

You used a template that looked like this ??

tasmanet ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2002 at 10:52 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_8612.JPG

And ended up with something like this ??

Hyria ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 5:19 PM

kinda, sorta but not quite. the template when doctored looks correct it's when it is applied to the figure that it appears to have a ghost image besides the normal images. you will see the eyes where they are on the figure then very faintly you see the eyes positioned to the side a bit further. like a ghost image of the person superimposed off centered. confused yet?

gryffnn ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 8:53 PM

Sounds like your texture map isn't completely lined up, plus you've got color assigned to the materials (iris, pupil, lips, etc) and you're seeing both. When you apply a texture, you usually want the object colors for the materials to be set to white, so the texture shows through accurately. Then you need to get your texture lined up with the template. HTH - Elisa/gryffnn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.