Fri, Sep 20, 5:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue 4.06 update patch problem . . .

kruzr ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2002 at 1:29 PM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 3:23 AM

file_9537.jpg

Good morning all . . . I am having a bad experience with Vue 4.06. I had a major system crash last week, lost everything on my system! Shame on me for not backing up on CD! Anyway, I'm slowly in the process of reinstalling all of my software, & at this moment I've just completed the Vue 4 install, then the Vue 4.06 update patch. Unfortunately, it isn't going very well! I installed Vue 4, did a reboot, then installed the Vue 4.06 update patch, did another reboot. Now when I open Vue 4.06, I'm having problems trying to access the options window so I can configure Vue, all the text is garbled so I can't see what to check or un-check? It's the same thing when I try to load a Material for an object, you can't read any of the text, due to it being all jumbled up? Now, before my system crash, I ran exactly the same system configuration, same drivers same everything, & When I installed Vue 4 from CD, then installed the Vue 4.06 update patch, I could open Vue 4.06 & everything worked just great. Now, after a complete "F-Disk" & reformat hard drive, fresh install of Windows 98SE & all other software, Vue 4.06 will not work properly. This is extremely frustrating!!! When you install the Vue 4.06 update patch, do you not install it over top of the standard install of the CD version of Vue 4? I'm sure that's exactly how I did this before. Anyway, if someone could offer some positive help to resolve this problem, I would sure appreciate it, I haven't had the use of Vue 4 in over a week now. Thanks in advance for any information or helpful comments, & you have a good one . . . Mark. PS: ( I'm so tired of being a "Beta Tester" for software companies, not just e-on, but several companies are now selling software, full price, that isn't completely beta tested, or maybe not at all! If a software company wants me to do beta testing for their software, that's fine, just don't charge me the full purchase price, for software that still needs further beta testing, & use me for the beta tester Ginnie Pig!!! Sometimes I just want to throw this kind of software in a pile over in the corner of the room & forget it!!! )

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2002 at 1:40 PM

Thats bad Mark Message671411.jpg I've never seen that. Me too, I just got back my computer few days ago and had to re-install every thing and Vue 4.06 works fine. Yes, 06 has to be installed over the basic Vue 4. Havn't you, by accident, choosen the incremental 06 patch? Or the 06 MAC patch? insteed of the full update? I'm sure there is something funny happening in your computer, because Vue 4.06 really works better then all the previous versions. I think you have no choice. Uninstall completely Vue (including all the Vue ini files and registry entries. Then install Vue 4 from the CD and use it once for a fast sce (create some spheres and thn close Vue). Immediately after install the full 06 Update. Hope this helps. Please tell us. I'm thinking on you; good luck! Message671414.jpg Guitta

kruzr ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2002 at 3:37 PM

'Afternoon . . . 8^) You can disregard my above post, I re-downloaded the 4.06 full upgrade patch from e-on. Uninstalled Vue 4.06 - reinstalled Vue 4 from CD - Installed the fresh download Vue 4.06 upgrade patch - & now everything appears to be working fine. I guess maybe, the 1st download of Vue 4.06 upgrade patch might have been corrupted during download??? Anyway, thank you Guitta for your concern & you have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2002 at 3:42 PM

Message671414.jpg

sermel ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:34 PM

Just a tought for you since Win XP is out now. When I used win 98 I found it to be very crash prone and buggy. I've never tried Millie but have not really heard encouraging things about it. I went from 98SE to Win 2K Pro and was quite happy with improvement. I made the mistake of giving XP Pro a try, to say the least I was not happy with it as, like Win 98, it has more bugs than a Tijuana house of ill repute. Since XP is latest, "greatest" you could maybe find 2K Pro for decent price. Everything I try to do just was so much easier with 2K Pro.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.