Sun, Oct 6, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Created a working telescope (yes I said working) tell me what you think.

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 3:04 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 10:40 PM

file_10618.jpg

It isn't real pretty and is still a bit rough. But it does work. Here is the view from the side.

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 3:06 PM

file_10619.jpg

from the back and you can see tiny mars off in the distance

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 3:11 PM

file_10621.jpg

Here is the view from the eye piece. Yep that is that tiny little mars some -5000 Bryce units away lol. You can make out some detail of the Olympus Mons.

johnpenn ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 3:12 PM

Hey, that's cool! Can you increase the magnification? Wait a minute... you don't work for the CIA or FBI do you? just kidding. Cool Telescope!

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 3:17 PM

file_10622.jpg

Finally here is a cutaway showing the inside of the scope. Pretty basic but it does the job. Any more lenses and the image gets to dark (haven't figured that out might be a bryce limitation.) Any way its almost summer and this is one of my favorite pastimes outdoors. comments and suggestions always welcome. No post work and no objects were moved only the camera to show the different views.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 4:31 PM

oooooooo, I like that, what a cool idea. Sharen

vasquez ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 4:42 PM

Hey that's a good work. Well done!! Now add some particulars and it'll be perfect!

cambert ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 5:24 PM

That is a bloody brilliant idea! Yay Vile!!

Aldaron ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 6:36 PM

Now make a microscope. :D

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 6:44 PM

Nice. I once used bryce for a bit of raytracing at work to see where light rays focussed for an eyeball.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 7:33 PM

Thanks all! I was really suprised that it worked with the mirror and the two lenses. Was that a challenge Aldaron?

Quikp51 ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 8:13 PM

Very creative Vile I'm impressed.

Aldaron ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 8:14 PM

Hey if you can do it go for it! :) The telescope is great. I've actually wondered if we would be able to create actual lenses.

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 8:52 PM

Cool all the real world refraction parameters work in Bryce. Just be careful not to point it at the sun, or you might burn a hole in you monitor. lol

Stephen Ray

humorix ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:12 AM

Hmmmmm what do we name it? Hubble? Bubble? Trubble? Quibble? :-P Great imaginative stuff! And Vile I'd love to see a view from a microscope you make! :-)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 4:40 AM

freakin' cool! Great, job/idea!

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 11:47 AM

I was thinking that it was possable but . . . you'd need to know something about lenses - interesting. (Hey, mice think ... I think ??? - antenni wax backward, tail up and curled,ears twitch.) - very nice

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 11:53 AM

Oh yeah that thing with the lenses getting darker?? - happens in real life too. like a std. lens 50mm might have a value of 1.8. a 150 mm lense of similar quality might have a value of 4.5. The values refer to the minimum amount of light the lense will transfer to the film - but I forget the technical term for it.

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 3:14 PM

file_10623.jpg

I just had to play with that idea. Congradulations Vile on "the Vile Telescope"(have to do until you name it.) Yes lense effects. I could play around with this idea for days!! Thanks!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.