Sat, Sep 21, 9:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Compressing Animations

adam ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2000 at 10:32 PM · edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 11:58 PM

Any suggestions on how to compress an animation?

Dmurphy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2000 at 9:39 PM

Are you starting with uncompressed files. Avi,tga,bmp.and what do you want to do with the created file cd rom,d/l from the web,Stream from the web. Don Murphy

adam ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2000 at 11:00 PM

It is a streaming file. I made it in Bryce and saved it as a quicktime movie. I don't know what to do from there. It is right now 9.9 megs, which is HUGE. It is a wire frame animation so I really only need a few colors, but again, I don't know what to do at all. This is the first time I ever played with animations and quicktime. I want to upload this file onto my homepage so people can see the animation. Thanx for your help. If it takes a while to explain, e-mail me at afanton@mindspring.com. Thanx -Adam

Dmurphy ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2000 at 7:56 PM

What you need to do is reander at 352x240 and uncompressed.the file will be large.Take this file into quicktime and then compress it. You will need to look at hhe options and play with them.You can cut down on file size by trying different frame rates.Test at 24FPS andtry 15FPS.I start out with some really large files 70 to 80 megs. I use mpg but quicktime should do as good.

adam ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2000 at 9:52 PM

I have the downloaded version of Quicktime. I will buy the full version soon. Thanx -Adam

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.