Sat, Sep 21, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: how to give spotlight effect

fuchsia16 ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2002 at 5:13 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 8:08 PM

can anyone tell me how to give a spotligh effect in photoshop..

Heronheart ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2002 at 9:30 AM

It really depends on exactly what you want. You could try filter/render/lighting effects. Or you could select the area you want lighted and use a levels layer. Or you could crreate a layer set to "soft light" and paint the area you want lighted with white. - Ken Heronheart -

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2002 at 10:17 AM

There are a number of ways to create a spotlight effect, each with its own limitations. Do you want to hightlight an object? (like something on a pedestal...) Do you want to make it look like lights on a painting on a wall? let us know how you want to use the soptliht and i'm sure we can give you some suggestions :) retrocity

fuchsia16 ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2002 at 10:12 AM

file_12115.jpg

thanx very much for your reply both of u. well here is what i tried giving effect on colour opacity and what i came up with it was'nt really difficult as i was thinking. after some tries i got the effect well I had a picture in mind about a ufo sending a beam of light,, well here is what i came up with,,, please do tell me how is the effect. thanx once again for helping me out. i will be glad to know what u think about the picture i made(some what fantasy kind of picture it is).

Heronheart ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2002 at 4:42 PM

I would say you did a good job creating the effect you were after. - Ken Heronheart -

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.