Wed, Sep 18, 11:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: 3D Cafe's Downloads

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2002 at 11:57 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:44 AM

Does anyone else have my problem with downloading from the free section (not the VIP) from 3D Cafe? When the UNZIP opens up, there is no file at all, just blank. Is there a way around this?

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2002 at 12:00 PM

So far their files have been fine, I get alot of items there.

lore ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2002 at 12:27 PM

ive run into a couple empty zips but mainly i do pretty good...but i havent dl'd enough of em to say which i get more of...complete or incomplete.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 15 June 2002 at 3:19 PM

I've downloaded tons of stuff from there, no problem yet. Name a specific file, I'll try it. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2002 at 11:30 AM

I tried about 20 diffent downloads at random from different categories, all came up empty. I wonder if 3D Cafe is trying to read my C:drive in a way that is being blocked by my firewall? This happens on occasion at Renderosity, but it never seems to affect the download. This only started happening (I think) when I upgraded to XP. Oh, well, there's nice stuff there, but I guess I'll just have to learn to live without it unless someone can give me a fix. I guess I should post this question at 3D Cafe (duh).

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2002 at 5:40 PM

I just tried downloading ten different ones, no problem, zips intact, worked fine. BUT, there are so many files there, I could still NOT be clicking on the same ones you do. Name anything specific that you couldn't get, I'll try it. That will answer a LOT of questions! AgentSmith

airflamesred ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 3:18 PM

i had some problems with the factory

Aldaron ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 4:09 PM

Opens fine for me. Maybe try re-installing WinZip or whatever you use.

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 4:15 PM

Thanks for the input, guys. I went to the source (well, I am a little slow) and posted my problem at the Cafe forum. If they have a solution I'll post it here in case anyone else needs to know.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 7:56 PM

...killing me.... It is most likely a problem on your end. I believe it is the inept XP. ...`course, if I had the name of some files you were unable to download....ah, well.

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2002 at 9:03 PM

I can't find a place to change it in Windows as a preference, but left clicks on the download buttons at 3D Cafe performed an auto-UNZIP (this happens everywhere else,too) and left me with an empty unzip (this only happened at 3D Cafe). The fix, as usual, was too simple. RIGHT click on the download buttons, Save target as, run Unzip, open the zip file, voila! The objects are there. Oh, well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.