Fri, Sep 20, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Stone Box on a Table

JasenJ1 ( ) posted Sun, 16 June 2002 at 9:41 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 6:01 AM

file_12835.jpg

Here's something I've been working on for longer than I care to admit. The only object I modeled is the stone box, everything else is from the Carrara content CD, although I retextured everything except the table's wood. The stone box was modeled in Amapi 4.15. I drilled all the holes in the box with a template object. This created way more polygons than I think necessary, but I couldn't figure out how to build the box otherwise. The shader on the box is a multi-level procedural, about four levels deep with various marble mixers. Lighting is a distant light from above - simulating most of the light from the lamp, three bulb lights in the lamp providing most of the shadows and the nice reflection/highlight on the table, and a distant light aimed at the stone box to lessen the shadow on the side facing the viewer. All of the lights have a "blurry noise" gel applied to them. I find that placing such a gel over lights helps dirty them up and removes the sterile perfection usually associated with renderings. I've also applied the "blurry noise" as a mixer to many of the color, reflection, and other texture channels. Anyway, just a little something I've done. - Jasen.

sittingblue ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2002 at 9:05 AM

Jasen,
Thanks for sharing your techniques. The picture looks really good, too!

Charles :)

Charles

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.