Thu, Oct 3, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Poser compatibility now in Nuutti

joke ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 11:25 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.datamike.com/nuutti.htm

I recently introduced: Nuutti Motion Import/Export system for 3D programs (www.datamike.com/nuutti.htm) here. Many asked whether Poser compatibility will be included. Poser 4 compatibility has now been included with Nuutti. Note that Poser requires importing & exporting through Bryce. You don't have to render in Bryce. Bryce has to act as a go-between when exporting & compositing Poser scenes in any of the supported 3D programs. I've included a Bryce/Poser animation. Note that this was *not* doen using Susanna. Note also how shadows are nicely projected from teh posers to Bryce terrain. Compatibility list and supported 3D applications: ================================================ 3D application Export Import paths/ paths/ trajectories trajectories ================================================ 3DS Max 3.n/4.n Yes Yes LightWave 7.n Yes Yes TrueSpace 5.n Yes Yes Bryce 4/5 Yes Yes Cinema 4DXL 7 No Yes Carrara No Yes Poser 4 Yes Yes ================================================

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 10:30 PM

Wow, a company that actually responds to our inquiries!!! Well done, I'm on my way. Thanks for listening and thanks for including Poser.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2002 at 10:08 AM

Color me TRULY impressed.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2002 at 8:13 PM

Actually, I was looking at how Poser comes in and it still has to go through the contortions of bringing an animation into Bryce first. I would be more interested in this program if I didn't have to do that. Fact is, once its in Bryce, I'm happy to stay there. But, give them time. Looks like quite the innovative bunch. Anyone try this out yet?

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 12:55 AM

Hey there! VERY cool looking app. If you added support for Strata 3D, I'd definitely buy it.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

joke ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 3:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.datamike.com/nuutti.htm

Strata 3D? I'll take a look. Which version of Stata 3D you have? I have a free version which came about a year ago. About having to use Bryce when using Poser. Let's say you don't want Bryce but want 3D Max and Poser. Here's what you do: 1. Design the scene in Poser. Save the paths of cameras/lights/etc. with Nuutti. 2. Import the paths to Bryce. Then export to 3d Max compatible format. 3. Open up Max and import the paths and create background etc. for use with Poser. All takes a few minutes. So Bryce is here just a rig for the camera. I had to do above because Poser's camera is limited in certain ways. For excample you can't see the camera in Poser. The paths are not visible. The Point At feature has issues. etc.

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2002 at 4:28 AM

I use Strata 3D 3.5 Plus (which is like the free version, 3.5 base). Strata is a very good program, with a decent raytracer, IK, caustics, motion paths, etc. Unfortunately, they're kinda like the bastard child of 3D. I think they're not too forthcoming with an API and SDK. And if they don't support the OBJ file in their next release, I think a bunch of us will defect to other apps. But, all in all, it's a good app.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2002 at 4:31 AM

Another thang... On your sitel you should post a detailed example. Show us a Poser scene. Then show us a Bryce scene. Then show how the two were merged together. Details will REALLY sell your app. Right now I'm about to create an intro scene in Bryce. It's a standard fly by, swooping down on a castle, and I would love to match a Poser figure walking on the parapets of a tower. If you could help me do that, I'd be a fan for life.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

joke ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2002 at 6:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.datamike.com/nuutti2.htm

Mitchell, just click the link http://www.datamike.com/nuutti2.htm ...and there it is in a nutshell how Nuutti does it's job. The "How to" page is Bryce & LW but it's pretty much the same with other 3D apps. In Poser it's even easier since Nuutti reads and writes directly to Poser PZ3 files.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.