Tue, Oct 22, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: City lights...and Ambience...Ideas and tutes

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2000 at 12:03 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:29 AM

file_122307.jpg

Hi all: I'm looking to find out somethings about the ambience of materials in bryce4...How do you get the lights on buildings to glow...especially in shadows...I think I've messed with every parameter in the MatLab and I just can't seem to get it. The only thing I have been able to do is to place a small radial close by, to give the areas cutout for ambience a psuedo glow....I'm sick of seeing the generic lights that come with Bryce and even when I try to manipulate those I can't seem tog get what I want. Any textures out there for buildings? Heres a pic that I need a little lighting from inside the buildings...

bonestructure ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2000 at 12:56 AM

Only thing I can suggest is to use some buildings that are set up to have glass windows, or make some windows with booleans, then place a radial light indide the building so that it glows thru the windows. It might also be possible to use the same .mat you used for the building as a texture gel on a spotlight you have aimed only at the building.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2000 at 1:38 PM

The best idea I can come up with is to look at the blade runner materials or something. You can get an idea of how they did it. I havvent actualy tried it yet but that sdhould give you an idea. I know it requires using another of the four material blocks ..Good luck

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2000 at 1:55 PM

where do I get the bladerunner materials? Has some created these or are they bryce presets?

Roshigoth ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2000 at 7:15 PM

They're bryce presets. Check in miscellaneous

arabinowitz ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2000 at 12:32 PM

Where did you get those buildings?! I've been looking for a sci-fi city forever!

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2000 at 1:37 PM

There's 3 that I made myself in bryce...and the rest I got from 3d cafe.com if you play with primitives and booleans in bryce you can come up with some crazy stuff...if you want...e-mail me at nicodemus30@home.com and I'll send the one that has the green light next to the blimp. Scott

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.