Sat, Sep 21, 2:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Problems with groups, materials on props

dave3 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 11:11 AM ยท edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:15 AM

file_13894.jpg

I am trying to make a prop and assign materials to it so I can color it without mapping it. I made it in Amapi, renamed parts/areas of it in Carrara, and imported it into Poser (Pro Pack, on a Mac in OS X, Classic mode System 9.2). I use the group names from Carrara to select sections and assign them materials using the group tool. Everything seems okay until I save and come back. Then I have all sorts of bizzare group names added that don't seem to select any part of the actual model. (See attached picture for example group name. On the pull down list, these names are followed by a hot key prompt for command 2.) Also, some of the polygons just start disappearing! I suddenly have holes where none were before. I have overwritten parts of areas previously assigned one material with a new material (to make stripes, etc.), but I don't think that is causing this. I have saved previous versions as props, and when I've tried going back to them, some of them have more added groups and/or holes than later versions. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I'd really appreciate some help! Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 4:17 PM

I've had same problems before. Get the SR3 update for pro pack and it might fix your problems. After you save poser saves it as internal geometry and is not doing it very well. I used to get the missing (holes in mesh) polygons too. Update fixed that too.

dave3 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 4:32 PM

Thanks for the tip!

dave3 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2002 at 1:48 PM

Just a follow up -- that was the problem. Thanks again for your help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.