Thu, Sep 19, 8:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Digital Art Prints. Did you know this was going on!?!

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2002 at 2:54 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 7:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=757588

Well, I know some of you are aware of it. Check it out.

BazC ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2002 at 3:47 PM

This sounds fantastic, I really hope it's a success. BazC

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2002 at 7:15 PM

Wow. This has been my goal (to sell prints of my stuff without ever having to stand behind a dealer's table again!) for a long, long time. I'm so happy that you're doing this! =:^)))))) One question: never having sold prints from virtual media, I'm wondering if these will all have to be 'open editions', as opposed to 'limited editions'? (No plate or negative to be destroyed. Or does the image file count as an 'original plate'??)

wdupre ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2002 at 7:27 PM

The bigest issue as I braught up in the other thread is that of non comercial use freebees, I can see many hassles with this problem coming up. It seems to me that in order to assure that their work is not used without permission some way has to be made to include nfcu (not for comercial use) into the rsr and/or png. sadly I can see myself and others mornfuly purging our librarys of older downloads simply becouse we forgot which were nfcu.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2002 at 10:01 PM

Oh, there's lots of issues. A few folks in Forum News have voiced concerns about the physical handling (shipping, inventory, returns) as well as a query about how production costs are going to be allocated, and about accounting arrangements. Selling prints is certainly a commercial use (Hi, Pat! How many dealer's rooms have we inhabited? How many years have we counted inventory and determined costs? Gods and fishes am I glad to be out of it!). I suspect that small props such as coffee cups in the background are going to slide by without much notice, but the glittering chalice held by Circe as she poisons her rival might be distinctive enough that it would need permission for use. They still have a week to iron these details out. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.