Wed, Sep 18, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: June Challenge - what I did wrong

cshaftoe ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 8:35 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:33 AM

Attached Link: http://uk.geocities.com/bryster3d

file_15666.jpg

Well, I was banging my head on the wall trying to figure out what was wrong with my JUNE challenge entry - Future Desk - and then I realised that it had no shadows!!!! After searching the entire contents of my Bryce Manual I found that I had simply forgotten to switch them on......

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 4:31 AM

You know I love that desk......Sharen

cshaftoe ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 5:33 AM

Sharen: Thankyou! That makes 2....Jimi likes it too (I think it was Derjimi) Any more and I'll have to consider producing it for real and selling it on the net....LOL

pidjy ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 10:01 AM

you got my vote for the june challenge.. the design is pretty cool.. but please! change your wall paper! It looks like if it was in my grand ma's bedroom! lol (no offence) :-) Cheers From Paris

Poppi ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 6:53 PM

cool...do the wheels pivot?

cshaftoe ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 8:09 PM

Pidjy: Do you know how long it takes to re-decorate? I have to get out the scrapers and the steamer and then buy new wallpaper and glue and ........move that damn desk out of the way..... ...it was the only wallpaper I could find on renderosity. Sorry about that! LOL Poppi: If by wheels you mean the round things at the base then no, they just act as weights and stabilizers.

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2002 at 12:39 AM

I think we all do that. A month is enough time to get something up and challenge our inspiration/wits. When we get away for a while and come back later, the image grows. I've revisited some WIPS from a year ago and finally did what the wip needed. Sometimes, after signing a graphite and giving it away, I see it years later and immediately know what I should have done differently. That's the part about stretching and growing. The challenge stretches us, time grows us. When both are in place, the work is superior.

cshaftoe ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2002 at 6:51 AM

Ericofsd: I'm trying to work out if your words of wisdom amount to a compliment....LOL

Patricia ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2002 at 11:41 AM

You have hit upon a real lack in Free Stuff, cshaftoe--decent wallpaper patterns. You'd think someone would have scanned in some real patterns by now, but all I see are tiled fractals.......? They do alot better when applied to alien walls, IMHO. If my scanner was set up, I'd zip over to my local paint store and borrow one of their wallpaper sample books to scan. They let you take 'em home if you put down a deposit.....(hint, hint!)

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2002 at 11:38 PM

cshalftoe, always a compliment. I guess your title left me thinking that you had revisited your work and decided it needed more. Certainly the image above is much more exciting. Good job on it!

Erlik ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2002 at 4:35 AM

Patricia, how big you need the wallpaper tiles? I think I can create something non-fractal in Photoshop and send to you. (No web site.) Unfortunately, it will have to wait till I go to my vacation in about a week, as I'm currently so swamped with work that I have to abstain from this month's challenge.

-- erlik

cshaftoe ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2002 at 6:36 AM

EricofSD: Thanks for the compliment! It was just that I had forgotten to switch the shadows on and couldn't figure out what was wrong with my graphic. I felt so stupid when the light actually dawned! You are right of course. I have been re-visiting my work and improving it, which is all part of the learning process.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.