Tue, Sep 24, 6:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:52 pm)

Subject: high resolution Poser output

tommyboy73 ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 11:07 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 6:01 PM

What would the render settings be if I wanted to render a high resolution poser figure for say a magazine cover. Minimum print resolution for an image is usually 300 dpi, so how would i set this up. I've tried just setting the dpi from 72 to 300, put once I bring the file into photoshop it still looks a little pixelated.

Spike ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 11:19 AM

If you wanted a image 4" X 4" at 300 dpi, just render you image at 4 X 300 or 1200 X 1200 dpi.

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

darkphoenix ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 12:11 PM

try 4500 by 4500 at 300 dpi, and if you have photoshop,l shrink the image down to the size you need.

dave3 ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 1:04 PM

If you're printing the image at 72 DPI, it will still look pixelly. You can go to Image: Image Size... and change the DPI. Make sure "Resample Image" is UNchecked, and change the resolution to 300 DPI (or whatever the publication you're making the image for indicate in their specs.) The image will have a smaller area, but the number of pixels will be the same. For example, a 5" x 7" image at 72 DPI will end up being 1.2" x 1.68" at 300 DPI; the pixel size will remain 360 x 504 in both cases. You can make a new photoshop file entering your target area and DPI -- this will tell you what pixel size you need to set in Poser. Hope this is helpful.

ardvarc37 ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 5:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.lizardtech.com/

I would render 600 pixels wide, constrained preportions, at 400 ppi, then use Genuine Fractals in Photoshop to enlarge the dimentions to printing size, keeping it at 400 ppi for the actual printing, no pixelations... The included link is where to buy GF, they have an LE version for 49.95, highly worth it. It can do enlarging on a massive scale not capable by Photshop alone. It writes the image as a peice of language which it also interprets back into the image at any greater scale in dimentions and resolution. Frankly I love it to death. Alex

aleks ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2002 at 1:37 AM

the image quality in print stays the same if it's rendered in 300 or 15230 dpi (if you scan images with 300 dpi or anything else, it is quite different), if you are doing normal, offset printing. so: - ask for the page size (in inch), let's say 10 x 10 inches (plus bleed if image goes from border to border - usually 3-5 millimeters) - render in poser an image 3000 x 3000 pixels at 72 dpi - load in photoshop (or such) and resample to 300 dpi - ask if magazine needs cmyk or rgb image all this change if magazine is printed with finer raster, then you'll need for instance 400 dpi or finer, but it's best to ask before you start.

ardvarc37 ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2002 at 4:02 AM

... Sorry my head was on my own ink-jet printing.

aleks ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2002 at 5:16 AM

alex, that is really interesting. can you post some comparisons? :)

ardvarc37 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2002 at 2:11 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=776836

Aleks what do you mean? Like an original "little" scruffy pic enlarged bigger? Click the included link, at which you can see all of my posts, you'll be able to figure out the rest. I took one posted picture and did it (my above explanation) right in the same string. Alex

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.