Fri, Sep 20, 10:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Creating Textures

wibbleman ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 11:28 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:14 AM

I've been using my own scanned negs and slides to try and create bump maps and textures for use with Vue. Also dabbled with Corel 8's texture creation program but have not achieved the reults I want. Does anyone have any tips or can recommend 2D software or plugins for creating bump maps and textures, please? Yes, I have seen ZBrush but the price is beyond my budget:-( Ta, mark

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 11:48 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/tutlink.ez?tutorialid=560

Have a look here Mark:-) Zbrush 123 can be downloaded for a free demo. Even if you don't buy it right now, you can create textures:-) Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 11:51 AM

Maybe some other user knows a free texturing program?

kruzr ( ) posted Sat, 20 July 2002 at 10:00 AM

Good Morning Mark . . . 8^) Try this site, www.i-tex.de , & you'll find a download demo good for 30 days. It's a very nice generator for textures, bumpmaps, specular maps etc. takes a little time to fully understand, but I haven't seen anything else quite as complete as this one, for the price. All of the textures you create become totally seemless automatically, for tiling etc. If you decide to purchase it, I believe it's $69.00? You can also use "Google Search", & enter "Texture Generators" into the search window, I'm sure you'll get several results to check out. Hope this helps you some & you have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)

Rimkopf ( ) posted Sat, 20 July 2002 at 10:19 AM

Zbrush is not very user friendly. I'm using photoshop with plugins for making textures. But its not free, paintshop pro are cheaper. When you are making bumps for ground texture never use white for higher bumps, it doesn't looks good. just using greyscales. And then use the parameters in Vue for altering the bump heights. I don't have Vue installed for the moment so I can't tell exact. how but experimenting is the best way to learn Vue. Anyway here is a link to free textures http://www.deezin.com/textures.html

Monsoon ( ) posted Sat, 20 July 2002 at 3:34 PM

Yes. The answer is Pixopedia 24. There is nothing like it. Put it in your Google browser. It'll take you to the home page.

kruzr ( ) posted Sat, 20 July 2002 at 6:41 PM

file_16842.JPG

Hi again Mark . . . Here's just a few examples of some of the textures that can be created with "i-tex", there are many more at their site. Good luck & have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)

wibbleman ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 1:24 PM

Many thanks to everyone for the advice. Looks like I'll be busy for a quite a while sorting out which program to use and then trying to master it! Cheers, Mark

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.